got ethical husbandry?

DBTC: Jason Fox Homewrecker

CaseyP

Treasurer
BOD
I just added Jason Fox Homewrecker to DBTC.

Due to the value of the Homewrecker, this DBTC has a heavy emphasis on creating a backup for myself and sharing of knowledge with the recipient(s). I purchased this large chunk 6 months ago and made a small frag out of it. Both "mother" frag and the smaller frag have since gone all green on me and have only been encrusting. Would love to share this with someone with a good track record to see how to get it back to it's original glory. That said, I will be very selective on the recipient.

DBTC Rules for this Homewrecker (modified from others):
1. Must be a long standing and well contributing member of BAR.
2. Must have extended success growing and coloring up high end acros.
3. At least two frags should be offered through DBTC before you do whatever else you want with your extra frags.
4. After myself, people who have offered frags on this thread get first dibs on next frags (should something happen to theirs).

There are 1 frag(s) available right now.

When I first got it nicely colored up in January. "Mother" on the left and frag available on the right
dbb46979f5c29e3adbf191b5888e17a5

The frag today
HW Frag.jpg

This thread was automatically created by BARcode

Last edited:
I’m growing out a frag now too mostly green with some color on the tips. How long did it take you to grow out the baby?
Unfortunately the frag hasn't grown much if any, just a encrusting the plug. After that DI resin incident I was telling you about, it got me thinking about backing up a copy somewhere just in case.

Sounds like it's not easy to color up with all green being its "brown" state. It's just wild to have seen the full blown color potential when I first got it, like a 90s Lisa Frank binder. Even just holding the frag in daylight exhibited vibrant pink colors. Hoping the person on this chain can pull the colors back out.

Nice offering Casey! Hope these grow back out to get a chance later down the line again haha. That green on the homewrecker is pretty bright tho, it should take off soon enough!

Very nice offering!

Before my temp and pH issue in Dec., the HW I had encrusted well and branched in 400-450 PAR, but only colored up well after being blasted with 550 PAR.

Both frags have done nothing for years since I've had them and lost half their flesh during an issue last year then the tank move earlier this year. Hoping Randy can work some magic to revive it!

Both frags have done nothing for years since I've had them and lost half their flesh during an issue last year then the tank move earlier this year. Hoping Randy can work some magic to revive it!
So they lost their color? Your frags? Damm...

Here’s hoping I can grow and color this frag up. At least I have decent polyp extension to start. It’ll hit the IM75 after a little QT cycle.

IMG_3352.jpeg

Back