Our mission

DBTC-X Palmer's Blue Milli

Wow, Mike I wonder what is inhibiting the color development, mine is right next to a real nice tort and it blows the torts color away, easily the bluest Acro in my tank regardless where it's at lighting wise. Maybe it needs to grow out a bit more, some millis don't color up until they're pretty big.

Anyway, good job keeping it in the chains it sure deserves to be propped :)

BTW, the tracking on this thread is a nightmare, any of you folks who were lucky enough to obtain a frag want to pony up and help update?

Yeah it never got terribly blue for me, I mean it looked a nice blue, always photographed more purple, my torts were always super deep blue though. It came as a browned out stick so I'm happy it got this far, Could be my alkalinity was teetering around on the low side for a bit as well, or the fact I had no blue spectrum to my bulbs for the past 2 or so weeks, in fact I really kept a minimalist lighting schedule.

Anywhere here's a pic I got from my tank thread not too long ago, did brown quite a bit in the central region, but then again the corals covering it also grew to shade it a tad more :D Either way it was NEVER anywhere close to the original picture, although I think Ray even told me he never could get it that blue either.

pa140261.jpg

Ok, part of my problem is that I have not commited coral idenity to memory I know, it's no excuse - still trying to work on environmental stability issues. After Jeremy posted, I thought that I should search for this and found that it looked familiar. I bought the coral in the pictures below from a local person because I loved the color - it was so blue and I had it in my old tank and it grew well and was incrusting well. I put it in my new tank and it spread much more - it likes flow. It is dark now - I don't know if that is a good thing but it is growing. Mike, since your pics didn't look like what I had I was interested. Thank you for considering me for a DBTC donation but I may already have this. If anyone can confirm this from the pictures I would appreciate knowing. I figured out how to take pictures with my son's Luminix - I hope I can remember. One is with, and the other is without a flash. Lights are cheap 20k MH's I got with my Luninarcs.
Jim

Attached files

I just resolved all of my coflicts on Saturday And will be there, but about a half hour late. Did you keep me on the list?

Now I just have to figure out what I should bring.
Thanks
nick

Oops. Didn't recognize it.

How does everyone keep all the names/descriptions separate? Do you just look at it and know it? Or do some people keep details journals of what is called what, where it came from, etc.? I move my frags around in my tank so much that I get confused.

Sorry Mike, lol

Not a problem. I made two frags one of them is a bit smaller, so I can hand that off to someone else, door prize, snack on the crackers whatever.

Thanks again Mike! The Palmer's Blue has a long term lease on a prime piece of tank real estate. You may expect to see update pics soon! "Ho ho ho" :santa:
PalmersBluemilli.jpg

Thanks for the great coral Mike!

Mine seems to be doing well. Polyps are out and it is encrusting over the cutting. I have placed in a ridiculous patch of xenia that has to be chopped back regularly.

Sorry I am not able to get a better picture, but I do not have a good lens to zoom in close.

Nick

Attached files

Got a pretty good sized frag of this at the swap and made an accidental frag. It's about 1cm tall and is glued to a piece of rubble.

Mother frag during acclimation...
dxbret.jpg

It looks much more blue under my 14000K Phoenix and no brown is showing. The pic was taken under a dollar store LED flashlight.

Back