Reef nutrition

Do not use Ritz Camera - online or local

G

I have recieved nothing but poor service and attitude from both the online and local Ritz Cameras. After over an hour of phone calls and like 8 emails since I placed my order last sunday, they are just now getting around to shipping it. The supervisor cancelled my order THEN got a bright idea to comp me overnight (should have done that in the 1st place). WEll, my items had been shipped to another customer and I now have waited 5 days for nothing.

When I placed my order on Sunday, I mixed up my CVV2 code on my credit card. I got a phone call monday morning from a CS rep that english is his second language. He told me my credit card BILLING address was wrong (no, it was the CVV2 address) and I needed to call my CC company and resolve it, which I did.

I then get an email later monday saying my credit card was denied again! I call, they explain the email was wrong and I would have my shipment by the end of the week. Fine. I then go to the website wednesday night to get my tracking info, low and behold not only was it not there, there was only one of 5 items orderred. Grrr. I email and ask for my tracking number and why not all items where listed, only to recieve an email saying they need my order number and first name. Grrr, the email drafted to me saying they need my first name and order number had my name in 4 places and order number in 4 as well. I email back and tell them this. In response I get an email saying there are no problems with the order the "billing department is finishing up with it". I email and ask the question, "does this mean you have not even shipped my product that paid to have shipped 2 day and was told I by not only one of your CS reps I would have it, but it is denoted on your website that ALL orders will ship out the next day if received after 10 (which I was well after). The CS rep the replied to that said "I understand your anxiety" and they'll get it out soon. Understand my anxiety? WTF! They lunch my order and then have the balls to tell me it's "my anxiety"?

I cancelled the order and I will never do business with them again.

I'll just visit B&H or Adromeda(sp?) when I am in New York next week (13,14,15,16) and buy the lense, flash, memroy card, sync cord and WB filters in store :)

B&H Photo would be my first pick, then Adorama.

B&H is closed for the holdiays - should be back up and running by next Monday.

Calumet is local to SF at least (they are nationwide as well) they have the online business as well.

I know a lot of pros go to Keeble & Shukat in Palo Alto for their gear - Nikon and Canon - it is way more upscale and pricey but it's pro stuff run by people who know the business.

If you are down in the Oceanside, CA area check out OPT - Oceanside Photo & Telescope for camera gear. Granted their business is geared towards Astronomy (my other hobby), they have really knowledgable staff as well.

I stay away from Ritz and Wolf - too pricey and too many problems - customer service is really hit or miss (more miss than anything else)

Yah, I tried to use both B&H and Adorama, but both are closed for the week (passover) :( I'll be flying into JFK next friday and leaving the following monday (LIRA fragswap @ Pratt University) so I will try to visit them while I am there. I know B&H has a storefront, but I am not sure about Adorama?

If I can find the time next week, maybe I'll visit the others you mentioned :) I'll be in LA in a few weeks, so I'll stop by that place as well :)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=1907.msg18357#msg18357 date=1175807646]
http://www.crutchfield.com
Cost more than other places but they are the best IMO ;D ..
[/quote]

They do not stock any item I was trying to buy ;) They have cameras and stuff, but their selection of lenses, etc, is pretty weak. Heck, my local Wolf has 5x as many lenses in stock :lol:

it's all about BHPhotoVideo and Adorama, I use both all the time without hesitation. Never THE BEST deal, but you know for sure you're going to get what you ordered in timely fashion. I've noticed, however, my shipments from bhphotovideo get to me faster than adorama. *shrug*. Other than that they're both fantastic.

let us know how your visits to bhphotovideo and ado (if they have a storefront) go =)

My second and third vendors by choice and experience when B&H is out.

www.robertsimaging.com

www.buydig.com

I second buydig.com or beachcamera.com they are the same company. Good prices, quick service. I never ordered from roberts, but I was on their wait list for a while for a nikon 18-200 vr. At the last minute when they called me saying my wait was up, I decided I did not really need the lens. They were always really prompt in returning emails. Normally within the day.

Back