Kessil

Does this seem crazy to anyone else?

Matt_Wandell

Supporting Member
Honorary Supporting Member
3" MAXI MINI ANEMONE-PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

ON ANY PURCHASE THAT TOTALS $200 OR MORE, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE ONE MAXI MINI ANEMONE AND TWO ADDITIONAL CORALS THAT ARE PRICED AT $10 THAT ARE NOT A MAXI MINI ANEMONES!! VERY IMPORTANT-IF YOUR ORDER IS NOT AT LEAST $200 BEFORE YOU ADD THESE THREE CORALS TO YOU ORDER, YOUR ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED!!

"Eligible to purchase"? I expect minimum orders from wholesalers, but not retailers. Is this typical nowadays?

This guarantees I will never even peruse the site again--was strongly considering purchasing a few but what's the point? Maybe if there was further explanation I would understand. If they are in high demand, or a PITA to process a shipment for just one mini carpet, then raise the price...

I think you can order what you want but the eligibility is for the additional 2 $10 corals for free? The grammar of that announcement is ...well...not clear ;)

It's a special he is running. Those maxis have been on the site for a few days at 60-100 dollars each. I guess its his way to try to clear them out. Don't worry though a lot of his pictures are deceiving.

100% crazy, I mean come on... all capital letters? I mean WTF this is the 21st century already that kind of childish crap to make your post stand out should have died 15 years ago at least!

sfsuphysics said:
100% crazy, I mean come on... all capital letters? I mean WTF this is the 21st century already that kind of childish crap to make your post stand out should have died 15 years ago at least!
ALL OF HIS EMAILS ARE CAPS. EVERYTHING ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE ADVERTISED AS THE MOST EXTREME AND AWESOME AND UNBELIEVABLE DEAL THAT THEY HAVE EVER DONE.

Yes I did. Just don't expect anything that is red/pink to be that. I ordered one that looked pink and it came in purple. He then said that he has never gotten a red or pink maxi mini when I complained. He then went on saying that he takes the best and most pictures in the world and that everyone knows that. He said he never posted the color on the website. He kept denying that is was pink in the picture. I even sent him the picture that was on his website.
This is the picture in question
ane_4-19-04-2.jpg

That one is pretty nice. The mini maxi that I purchased is pretty red. I don't have the original picture but I'm pretty happy with it.

The green and blue one has washed out colors but is about 6" in diameter now.

fish_tank%20%288%29.JPG

fish_tank%20%289%29.JPG

GDawson said:
Do maxi minis host clowns? Ocellaris specifically.

-Gregory

No, maxi minis do not normally host clowns. However, I imagine you might luck out with a clown that hosts in the mini, just like when a clown decides to host in a LPS like a frogspawn. Again, very unlikely that they would with a maxi mini.

Back