Our mission

Dosing time?

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
I was wondering if there was a better time than another to dose? Should I have my pump set for early in the morning as opposed to mid afternoon or when the lights shut off at night? Does it really matter as long as its consistent?

I was wondering if there was a better time than another to dose? Should I have my pump set for early in the morning as opposed to mid afternoon or when the lights shut off at night? Does it really matter as long as its consistent?
Since you have the khg I’d suggest dosing based on the times your alk changes between tests. You can nerd out like me and try to optimize the dosing despite the intake always changing, a futile project but a ‘fun’ one.

In the screenshot below, my alk goes down .1 between the tests at 12 and 4 so I would consider dosing at 2pm. Then correct after a week of results.
F78F072A-F4CF-415B-84EB-79BA3A758641.jpeg

That’s how I’ve built my dosing schedule. I’m dosing 3 times a day, 4hrs before lights on, 1 hr before lights off, and 4 hours after lights off.
It keeps things stable, intake is always changing based on pH and how many times you look at the corals. But with this approach I haven’t experience any major swings related to dosing. I’ve had swings due to personal stupidity

Since you have the khg I’d suggest dosing based on the times your alk changes between tests. You can nerd out like me and try to optimize the dosing despite the intake always changing, a futile project but a ‘fun’ one.

In the screenshot below, my alk goes down .1 between the tests at 12 and 4 so I would consider dosing at 2pm. Then correct after a week of results.
View attachment 22094
That’s how I’ve built my dosing schedule. I’m dosing 3 times a day, 4hrs before lights on, 1 hr before lights off, and 4 hours after lights off.
It keeps things stable, intake is always changing based on pH and how many times you look at the corals. But with this approach I haven’t experience any major swings related to dosing. I’ve had swings due to personal stupidity

That would involve me actually setting up the khg...

Back