Our mission

Dr Reef dead fish AGAIN!!!

popper

Supporting Member
From 8\5 to today 11\30, Dr Reef fish came in deflated bags with dead fish. The only two time the bags were inflated, the fish survived. They shipped it 5-6 times, every time they're dead. Today a flame angel is DEAD!!!

This is costing them a lot of $ to replace. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, even suggested to use a different method to tie the bags. They use metal rods.

I'm hesitant to post on larger forum since I know it's a tough business. BUT DAMN...that's about 12-14 dead fishes vs 2 survivors.

it's cold and they use one heat pack.

20221130_143358.jpg
20221130_143328.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: JVU
I was just watching a podcast with Bobby (humblefish) and I believe he was saying this vendor was removed from his site for poor quality and poor customer service....

I’ve bought several healthy, happy, QT’d fish from Dr Reef before, but it was more than a year ago and I’ve heard he’s had some troubles since. Really sad to see one of the few vendors taking fish health seriously have this kind of mortality in shipping.

Sad
But why not just shop locally
We are fortunate to have great stores

Online...
You’re relying on a person you have no real contact with and that is unaccountable
There’s a lot of suspect sellers out there
Dr Reef was a reputable vendor on humblefish. then he got kicked out as a Quarantine vendor, then reinstated

1. I received an amount as store credit from a BAR member
2. He's listed as reputable and vetted by HB. Then after many complaints, he lost the vendor qualification.
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.57.23 PM.png

3. He has wrasses easily accessible compare to LFS
4. I bought a fish from a new forum member who bought the fish from a reputable LFS. He had it for 2 months. This is the second week I have the fish in qt by itself (I don't add any chemical in qt). It's just for observation. He's eating mysis and pellets, but developing a bubble eye.

Spontaneously I bought a purple tang from petco. he survived ich 2-3 times. He survived the new tank, which an established yellow tang didn't (amino acid ammonia).

So in conclusion, every stores don't sell the perfect healthy fish and every stores don't sell unhealthy fish. Just gotta take your swing and accept it. but man dr reefs...this is the worst experience I had.

More reviews: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?forums/general-retailer-seller-reviews.145/

Judge for yourself...they're mixed.

Last edited:
Back