Neptune Aquatics

External skimmer recommendation for ~150g

houser

Past President
I'm moving out of my tray and into my 80gallon tank here in the upcoming weeks. I'd like to change to an external skimmer for various reasons. But I'm not educated on what's hot and what's not in the present day. Can you help recommend something that meets the following criteria?

Approximately 150 gallons in system.
Rectangular footprint

houser said:
I'm moving out of my tray and into my 80gallon tank here in the upcoming weeks. I'd like to change to an external skimmer for various reasons. But I'm not educated on what's hot and what's not in the present day. Can you help recommend something that meets the following criteria?

Rectangular footprint

Tumbleweed said:
houser said:

Rectangular footprint

Ha Ha I didn't put price on purpose.

Like like many of you, I appreciate quality ;)

I'm not looking for a Bentley, but a Benz. Capiche?

I dunno if "easy to take apart" is necessarily a quality you want for an external skimmer. At least with me the less manufactured separation points the better (i.e. less leaking).

Back