Reef nutrition

First they break into my car, now my friggin house :(

G

This time they got stuff... and trashed what they couldn't take for the most part!!!!

My good high end computer is trashed and limping along. It starts up but never gets past the log in. HD sounds fine and it passes all the tests. I looked for loose or broken connections but can't find any.

They took my camera (D80) (w/ all my lenses, SDHC cards, remotes, etc), my 80g Ipod, all my Ipod cables (not cheap when you consider I had doubles of all and all were Apple!), my $$ headphones, my older but still good computer, a 19" LCD monitor (they dumped both my 22"s on the ground and now have missing pixels and don't look right), my Wacom tablet (largest they make) and most likely more stuff since I just now got done sort of cleaning up my office. The other 3 computers in the house were totally disconnected and ready to walk. Maybe the dogs barking got to them???

At least they didn't hurt our little doxies... but they got spare house and car keys!!!! (oh that won't be expensive now will it :( )

SOAB :( Looks like a bunch more bank, car dealership, insurance and credit card work ahead, not to mention replacing a full window, frame and all (broke the closing mechanism making frame unrepairable)

They didn't get my gun so I'm cleaning it right now... probably not a good time to sneak up on me :lol:

Oh, and the PD was really interested in my reef tanks
That coral??? No way... cool!!!"

Thats sucks.

I hate it when stuff like this happen. Should look into an alarm next time will reduce the amount of time for them to do any more damage or less likely to get anything.

Good Luck Sorting things out.

Ouch man, hopefully you have some so of insurance to cover the losses? I mean the time and mental anguish can't be paid for, but if you're financially taken care of...

Wow, really sorry to hear that Gresh. I second the alarm option. Also, what lenses did you have and what brand is the 19" monitor and what model is the Wacom (going to start browsing CL with a mission).

things like this brew rage in my head. I'm going to bow out with a simple: Gresham, I'm sorry to hear this happened and hope you get everything (material or not) squared away.

Sorry to hear, my moms place got broken into a little while back and they took her and my brothers mac's and some jewelry. I know they were just some stupid kids because they didnt take anything else but just decided to trash the damn place. and they didnt take any of my uncles guns so that was a good. Luckily the neighbor came home and noticed a truck parked on the side of the house. Insurance covered most of the losses so hopefully your able to get your things back.

Bleh. Sorry to hear that. I had a burglary some while back and for me the worst part is that now I always worry about my house when I'm away. I hate that feeling.

Theft is becoming the norm with a bad economy.

I had an alarm system installed 3 years now... I also have 2 Security Monitoring Systems installed. One main one and a backup in case they find one of them and trash it thinking they will not be caught... Both are hiding, but one is very well hidden...

Now if I wanted, I can actually have the monitoring data backed up to a remote location... But that I have not yet implemented.

And yes a 9mm or similar, is a good thing to have around... These days, you never can be too careful.

Sorry for the loss... Where do you live?

Thanks all :)

I'm in a "good" neighborhood (Seabright) in Santa Cruz by the harbor. Insurance will cover everything ($250 deductible) minus depreciation of course. Most everything is replaceable of mine but there was some other stuff that is irreplaceable. I'm not sure what insurance will do with my good computer. It kinda works now but the screens are missing pixels and don't look right. My HD's have missing data and are coming up with loads of errors. I do have yet another computer set-up I can use 9what I am on) so I'm good for now. Guess I will have to wait for the adjuster to call us back. The locksmith is doing all our doors and cars in a few minutes and I boarded up the window so that's done with (for now).

I looked into alarms but our doors and windows have too much "play" in them so in winter we'd get false alarms (for a wireless system). I could probably install a wired system but man that would be a lot of work.

My sister is an avid freecycle/CL/etc so she took on the mission hours after it happened.

Here's a short list:

camera (not in bag but all together):
Nikon d80
Nikon 50mm AF/1.4
Nikon 60mm F/2.8D AF
Nikon SB-600 flash
Nikon MC-DC1 remote
Nikon MC-L3 wireless remote
62mm Expodisc
dozen SDHC Sandisc ExtremeIII 4g
Extra Nikon Battery
Charger
filters

computer:
Wacom Intous3 6x11
Dell 19” Ultra Sharp 1907FPV LCD monitor (black)

Ipod (all in Ricardo of Hollywood clear travel bag):
80gb Ipod Video (blk)
Ipod Nano (Silver)
Sennheiser headphones
tons of Apple cables for Ipod (AV, etc)
Tons of non Apple Ipod cables (AV, etc)
Various computer cables

aalhait said:
And yes a 9mm or similar, is a good thing to have around... These days, you never can be too careful.

R5801.jpg

Mini 14 (.223)

with scope (not currently on), dozen 30 round clips and a couple cases of ammo. Not the best in terms of home protection but it'll get the job done non the less.

next on my list is a 9 or a 40. Mind hasn't been made up.

lots of cops have moved onto 40 cal because of alleged additional stopping power. slightly bigger round.

i don't own a gun (yet), but 45s make big holes. shotguns are really the best home defense weapons. they (1) scare intruders when cocked, (2) don't require as much accuracy, and (3) don't go through walls and injure your loved ones in an adjacent room.

Back