Our mission

First they break into my car, now my friggin house :(

"Guess I will have to wait for the adjuster to call us back.

Let me know what they tell you. I am in the insurance field and I can give you a few important keywords that may sway the adjusters settlement figures in your favor.

Bottom line, they owe you what you had prior to the loss. That goes in terms of items and condition. So they MUST replace your computer, even if it is still sorta working.

The burden of proof, as far as owning the claimed item and the condition is was in, falls in your hands. Not that hard to do with a few reciepts.

Let me know if they tell you something and it just doesn't sound right. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that work great, and are within the legal bounds of most policies. You pay a premium, you better at least get what the policy will allow. And most people don't fully understand their policies.

HTH.

-Christian

GreshamH said:
They didn't get my gun so I'm cleaning it right now... probably not a good time to sneak up on me :lol:
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. I'd leave the house open and wait for them to come back for the other stuff they missed, laying in wait with what ever fire power you have and rights under the Castle Law. Glad the doxies and critters came through alright too.

That bites Gresh! I would puke my guts out if that happened to me. Glad that the dogs and you are okay though - sucks for everything else (all the electronics)

sorry for your losses. You could always put cameras up and around the house. they sell wireless security cameras now a days. you could make it so you can access the cameras via IP address. I used to install systems like this on all the estates I worked on. did they mess with your tanks? that is what I would be worried about. like if some ahole decided to kill the system because they didn't get what they expected from the robbery. oh that would piss me off something serious.

Not to derail the thread, but.... since when have you had more than Roxy? The g/f and I keep talking about getting another weiner, but Mippy is soooo good it's hard to imagine we could rescue one with the same temperment.

Damn Gresham, sorry to hear. Glad the pups and everyone is ok. My car got broken into on Tuesday... $2000 Pioneer AVIC Z1 navigation/DVD system gone... Seeing my car felt terrible, I can't imagine what it feels like to have your home broken into.

reefdan said:
lots of cops have moved onto 40 cal because of alleged additional stopping power. slightly bigger round.

i don't own a gun (yet), but 45s make big holes. shotguns are really the best home defense weapons. they (1) scare intruders when cocked, (2) don't require as much accuracy, and (3) don't go through walls and injure your loved ones in an adjacent room.

+1 on the shotgun
And you don't have to worry about bullets going through multiple walls/homes.

What a drag! Makes me feel better about Theresa's paranoia to always keep our place locked. But if they want to get in, they will. Hope things work out.

Sorry to hear it, Gresh. People suck. I'm sure you're already on it, but be sure to contact credit agencies and put a lock on new acocunts. Its a pita but well worth the hassle.

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Ugh... very sorry about that Gresh :(

Yah, it's been bad with this economy. Lot's more break-ins. Crazy stuff going on in my neighborhood as well.

Christian, let's hear those tips so we can be prepared! Don't need to be ripped off twice.

tuberider said:
Not to derail the thread, but.... since when have you had more than Roxy? The g/f and I keep talking about getting another weiner, but Mippy is soooo good it's hard to imagine we could rescue one with the same temperment.

Hoot (male standard) is our second addition but he's more like my co-pilot. he follows me around everywhere and gets depressed when I leave on trips. His first family (single old man) died so the neighbors took him in. They lost their house and gave him up to the pound. My sister took him from that pound (central valley) and brought him to SC where he'd have a better chance of getting a new home. He and I clicked so he found a new home.

The third one spends the days at our house while my sister is at work. She's a rescue (mini) as well. She was found locked up and nearly dead in a car at a foreclosed home. She was a breeder for a puppy mill. She is really yelpy at my sisters home when she is gone so she comes over to be around other dogs, not cats. She's mean little dog at times though :(

Brandy does get jealous so I give her extra attention :)

Back