got ethical husbandry?

Fish List Questions

hi im currently in the process of upgrading my tank and i have some fishes in mind but would like everyones opinion on the stock list. the Tank will be mainly SPS tank with 1 Showpiece LR covered with zoo/palys/ricordias

58 Gallon fish list

- Flame Angel
- Pair of Purple Firefish
- Leopard Wrasse or Flasher Wrasse
- Pair of Black Clowns
- 3 chromis (i can live without)
- Bartlett's Anthias

is it wise to have all these fish in a 58 gal? what order should they be introduced into the tank? advice please ;D
thanks guys

Pair of purple firefish
Pair of black clowns
Flasher wrasse
Bartlett's Anthia
Chromis
Flame angel (add with caution)

That's the way I would think I would introduce the fish. But I am sure other people may add them in another.

The flame angel will beat the crap out of your mild mannered fish, I would omit it and call it a day.

BTW, your frag will be waiting for you at Chris's sometime starting tomorrow around lunch, you can leave what ever you like in trade, no worries. I apologize for the turmoil in my day to day getting in the way of a seemingly easy transaction :D

I have a similar sized tank and a fairly similar fish list. I've got a coral beauty angel and she gets along fine with everyone. I don't know if that's because the coral beauty is less pugnacious or because I got lucky.

I think you may find most of the Centropyge genus to be a little pugnacious for some of the other fish you have listed, they are not bad fish, it's just that the wrasses, firefish, and anthias prefer to have more docile tank mates.

Back