Kessil

Fishing in Santa Cruz or HMB

Is there any piers that I can take my kids go fishing this weekend? I only know one in Pacifica. That place has no more fish :( ...

There is the pier in santa cruz right by the beach boardwalk. Not to hard to get to. it's kinda fun, but don't expect to catch much.

That would be the same as going to Pacifica then :( ... I don't care too much but the kids get bored really fast if they don't get anything after an hour or so. Even anchovie or any other small fish would make them happy ;D ..

Pretty sure there is a trout farm in HMB. Not exactly real and fair fishing, but almost a guarantee to catch something if you are just trying to amuse the kids.

here I just did a search and this is what came up. It is off 92. can't say i have ever been there though

Lintt Trout Farm
11751 San Mateo Rd
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
650-726-0845

Rock on farmed fish fishing ponds rock! Guaranteed to go home with something, then again I'm guessing Phong wanted the pier so no license needed (and maybe no cost), you pay for what you catch at the farm (no throwbacks), so might get pricey if your kid nabs a dozen fish when you're just relaxing not paying attention :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4423.msg53826#msg53826 date=1219862501]
Rock on farmed fish fishing ponds rock! Guaranteed to go home with something, then again I'm guessing Phong wanted the pier so no license needed (and maybe no cost), you pay for what you catch at the farm (no throwbacks), so might get pricey if your kid nabs a dozen fish when you're just relaxing not paying attention :D

[/quote]

Hmmm, same can be said of the Safeway meat department... :p

V

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=4423.msg53831#msg53831 date=1219866151]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4423.msg53826#msg53826 date=1219862501]

[/quote]

Hmmm, same can be said of the Safeway meat department... :p

V
[/quote]
Yah but if your kid grabs 6 fish from the meat department you can always put them back :)

Hahahah.. For trout fishing parkway lake in San Jose is a private paylake with some decent fishing.. San Pablo Dam Reservoir has had some decent catfish fishing recently as well..

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4423.msg53851#msg53851 date=1219871517]
Maybe you can see if they will let your kids bring in a pole to the Asian market then?
[/quote]
;D I will check with them but I have a feeling that they will say no ..

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=4423.msg53858#msg53858 date=1219875877]
Hahahah.. For trout fishing parkway lake in San Jose is a private paylake with some decent fishing.. San Pablo Dam Reservoir has had some decent catfish fishing recently as well..
[/quote]

Is this the place?
http://www.fishsniffer.com/dbacher/070326sanpablo.html

Thats san pablo dam

thats the one with the good catfishing right now.. Just give them a call and they'll give you a fish report.. I think they are listed under ebmud... I went there about 3 weeks ago with my friend and his nephew and mother... We caught 9 catfish in 2 hours... they were good eating too... :)

Cool.. thanks!
You didn't have to buy regular fishing license right? I meant you can buy the one day fishing license there and pay some fee according to that website..

Why don't you want to buy a fishing license? It's the only funding for CA F & G really and with out them all's you'd be a catching is bullheads and kingfish!

I think you have to buy a license not matter what, CA is one of the few states that require a license for fishing in the ocean. In terms of fishing private water I'm not sure, some states you do need a general license, some a private water license, some none at all. Let us know what you find out.

Cheers,

Josh

Edit: I see CA has exemption for public piers on the ocean rule

I didn't say I don't want to buy.. I just don't want to buy a yearly one when I only go for one day. ;)

I just don't know the regulation for fishing in these kinda place.

Back