Kessil

Fitness People? People who need to become fitness people?

regular consistent working out, doesn't have to be at a gym or anything, do 25 pushups a day, 50 sit ups, things like that, take a walk for 3-4 miles in addition to your normal activity. You should be fine, will you have rippling muscles? Nope, but you' will have a lean tone form after a white if you're consistent with it. I need to get back into this routine over the summer myself, work has a nasty habit of interfering.

I do the elliptical at my house every morning and I started with a ball and a band. LOTS of exercises you can do with those. I now have a total body workout machine. It's nice, because it can slide under the couch or you can stand it on it's end behind a door. You can use it for every body area. It only cost about $100 at Big 5.

My gf uses the ball, and she can basically do every workout with that thing. It acts like a bench really, but you have to work on balance and such, which also increases muscle and tones in itself by just balancing.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2089.msg20593#msg20593 date=1180551275]
So why don't you get on your gf's balls and work out Art! :D

[/quote]

somehow that didn't come out just right.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2089.msg20570#msg20570 date=1180513050]
What do you guys do to stay lean and healthy?[/quote]

What? Carrying buckets of saltwater up and down the stairs isn't enough workout? :D

During the week, I do treadmill, elliptical, or bike on 3 of the evenings. I do some weights on the the other 2. On Sat/Sun I do martial arts from about 9 or 10am to about 1 or 3pm, depending on how much stuff we want to work on.

I used to be good about running, and was doing 9 miles for my long runs. I totally dislike running though, and have slacked off. Put on probably 20 lbs as a result... grrrr.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2089.msg20596#msg20596 date=1180553940]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2089.msg20600#msg20600 date=1180554919]

I used to be good about running, and was doing 9 miles for my long runs. I totally dislike running though, and have slacked off. Put on probably 20 lbs as a result... grrrr.
[/quote]

Uhmm.. Maybe I should start running. I've been trying to gain weight for the last 15 years but can't get over 135lbs ;D >:( ..

[/quote]

[/quote]

omg you made me laugh out loud at work =X

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2089.msg20604#msg20604 date=1180555799]
[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2089.msg20600#msg20600 date=1180554919]

[/quote]

Uhmm.. Maybe I should start running. I've been trying to gain weight for the last 15 years but can't get over 135lbs ;D >:( ..
[/quote]

You definitely need to workup an apetite to gain weight, including cardio, lifting weights, strenuous stuff. I"m sure you are hungrier after building a new stand for your tank etc... something like that, regularly, you'll gain a bit ;) 6 packs of beers help if taken daily as well.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2089.msg20608#msg20608 date=1180565191]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL - wow that took forever for someone to notice ... ;D

I hope you're gf don't get mad cuz then she can join Tom"s (aka NorthBayReefer aka The Asian guy who'll be bringing his wife to the meeting) wife's club of the Asian guy who no longer brings his wife to the meetings cuz she said it was too boring hanging out with the fish nerds. Okay, crazy run-on sentence.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2089.msg20617#msg20617 date=1180571774]
[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2089.msg20608#msg20608 date=1180565191]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL - wow that took forever for someone to notice ... ;D

I hope you're gf don't get mad cuz then she can join Tom"s (aka NorthBayReefer aka The Asian guy who'll be bringing his wife to the meeting) wife's club of the Asian guy who no longer brings his wife to the meetings cuz she said it was too boring hanging out with the fish nerds. Okay, crazy run-on sentence.
[/quote]

Lol nice Eileen!

My GF never made it to one of our frag swaps, though she did come to Steinhart earlier this year, she loved it! She really likes reef inhabitants, mostly the things that move (ie. fish, inverts, xenia...).

Anyway, my routine is to run 3 times a week about 3 miles twice, and 4.5 miles the third time.

It's fun when you run in a nice place. I usually run at the Berkeley Marina just as the sun's setting. Sure it's freezing, but I wear this underarmor cold armor stuff that keeps you cool but warm... hard to explain but easier to understand than eileen's runon sentence so I think it's valid ;)

Then twice I week I do a couple thousand rope jumps.

On top of that I play tennis every weekend, basketball (bball league starts again soon for the summer), and beach volleyball whenever I can get a break in the weather.

Then 5 days a week I lift weights for about 1.5 hours, including sitting around chatting with friends. =P

But it doesn't work! I'm still scrawny as hell =(

Anyway, my routine is to run 3 times a week about 3 miles twice, and 4.5 miles the third time.

It's fun when you run in a nice place. I usually run at the Berkeley Marina just as the sun's setting. Sure it's freezing, but I wear this underarmor cold armor stuff that keeps you cool but warm... hard to explain but easier to understand than eileen's runon sentence so I think it's valid ;)

Then twice I week I do a couple thousand rope jumps.

On top of that I play tennis every weekend, basketball (bball league starts again soon for the summer), and beach volleyball whenever I can get a break in the weather.

Then 5 days a week I lift weights for about 1.5 hours, including sitting around chatting with friends. =P

But it doesn't work! I'm still scrawny as hell =(

[/quote]

That's because you are doing a lot of carido and not enough weight lifting. Cardio will make you lean and trim, weight lifting is what actually makes you bigger. Instead of doing jump ropes I would start lifting weights. Start with 8 reps with as much weight as you can lift, when that becomes simple move up to 10 reps and then to 12. When 12 becomes easy move up in weight and go back down to 8. That's all you'll build muscle. You need to do 3 sets of 8 reps.

Back