Kessil

For users of the Hanna Calcium checker

Now that's not nice...lol. I reply to legit questions. Not price shopping questions. I stopped answering those a long time ago. Come on in and I'll give you a price and give you all the help you need.
@robert4025 I sent an email asking if you guys sold Hanna checkers. Never asked for a price. I like supporting LFS. I did stop by this week and got one of each test kits and extra reagents. Hate answering questions? Might be better to turn of the email option on your site[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's not nice...lol. I reply to legit questions. Not price shopping questions. I stopped answering those a long time ago. Come on in and I'll give you a price and give you all the help you need.
Really? @robert4025 I tried calling your store to check inventory on Peppermint Shrimp and the message said to send an email, I did and never received a response. So I drive half an hour to find out you have none. I figure that a business that doesn't want to answer the phone or respond to an email must not want my business so I give it to Aquatic Collection!

Last edited:
Really? @robert4025 I tried calling your store to check inventory on Peppermint Shrimp and the message said to send an email, I did and never received a response. So I drive half an hour to find out you have none. I figure that a business that doesn't want to answer the phone or respond to an email must not want my business so I give it to Aquatic Collection!

Mark...I do apologize for not having the items you wanted, when you wanted and for causing your inconvenience. It's not that I don't want your business just because emails weren't answered or or that we don't have a phone line. Far from it. If you really really want to hear me out, then please drop by the shop and talk to me personally and I will take all the time in the world to explain to you. I just don't have the time to write pages of explanation here. Bottom line is that by doing away with the phone calls, it allow my staff to be more personal to the immediate customers and to better help those customers that take the time to comes in to support us. Remember, with so many shops shutting down recently, we now have crazy amount of walk-ins so in order to be fair to them, we need to have all our attention on them. We would do the same if you come into the shop. At least I can promise you we'll try. While I know it's an inconvenience for folks like you that lives farther away, I really don't know what else to tell you. I can only afford to hire four full time staff for a 6,000 square feet facility so between helping tons of walk ins customers and taking care of the animals, it's really hard to work the phone...especially when those calls lead to one fruitful one for every thirty calls we handles. I hope you see my problem.

As far as the email thing...Cerissa and I are the only ones that monitor the inbox. While we try to get to everyone single one of them, we sometime can't. We are only humans, guys. Please be a little patience with us. We've been here for you all for almost ten years now while other shops have comes and goes and most of you knows how hard we worked to be where we're at. If you don't think we care enough about our customers, then you're wrong. Otherwise, why is it that we're the most active sponsor here? Or that we've given the most to this club? Let that sink in for a moment.

I get frustrated too when I want a response in the moment and don't get it. As consumers we are conditioned for that, but I know @robert4025 and know how hard he works. Not only that but he is making wise choices when it comes to his business to make sure that it is sustainable for the long term. If not answering the phone turns away a few customers but enables him to develop face to face relationships with others, I would consider that a good thing and something he has reasoned through and calculated the costs of each.

I totally see where Robert is coming from - there have been times in the past, at other LFS's (that are no longer around) where I've waited close to 30 mins to get help, while the staff went looking around the store for specific fish, or piece of equipment, for someone on the phone. Neptune is a drive for me (from SF), but I have yet to be disappointed when I do make the trip.

Back