Kessil

Fragging an Acro

I have an acro that has densely clustered branches and I was wondering if it is okay just to snip a branch off a branch with a pair of pliers or would that be too rough. I know I might be being a little overly cautious but I really like this coral and I do not want it to do die especially in such an avoidable way.

It looks in shape and clustering almost exactly like this.......
4235685135_e56df7f7e1.jpg

Pliers = rough on a delicate little piece. Recommend something with finer blade like shears, bone cutters, electrical cutters, etc... Then you only mangle the flesh at the cut and not where the pliers touch.

Sure. The thing is, you don't "cut" with the shears. You cut and twist which snaps them. IMO that is the best way. Actually cutting cause more damage and can shoot your frag across the room :)

Or a handful of rubble and a nice bleeding wound :lol: been there, done that

GreshamH said:
Sure. The thing is, you don't "cut" with the shears. You cut and twist which snaps them. IMO that is the best way. Actually cutting cause more damage and can shoot your frag across the room :)

I recognize that coral and yes, it will fly across the room, some Acros do some don't, the famed austera does :D

A real sharp shooter will set up a tube of super glue on the rim of the tank... with a glob of glue on the tip.... you see where this is going :lol:

Sure would. Just make sure there is no copper dust on it and give it a good cleaning afterwords so it doesn't rust on you.

You just need somethign that has a blunt edge and can be held firmly. heck I've used garden shears and kitchen shears at times :D

Back