Neptune Aquatics

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
Can you clarify the can't move it requirement? I'd put mine in my frag tank, on a frag rack. I assume the expectation is it doesn't drastically move and not that a snail or whatever can't move it some.

Also I'm curious why that requirement, given starting something on lower light then cranking it up is standard, and if not allowed someone can simulate the same effect with fancy lights.

Can you clarify the can't move it requirement? I'd put mine in my frag tank, on a frag rack. I assume the expectation is it doesn't drastically move and not that a snail or whatever can't move it some.

Also I'm curious why that requirement, given starting something on lower light then cranking it up is standard, and if not allowed someone can simulate the same effect with fancy lights.
I added some details last night.
"Acclimation period and final placement choice until March 24th. Photo and placement photo REQUIRED. You cannot move your frag afterward."

So after you've had time to, acclimate, tinker, and adjust then it's time to leave it be and let it grow.

I've looked into not only our previous growout but also a few others from other site contests. It's a part of the husbandry challenge to test your skills with sps in general. Knowing your flow and lighting is critical, that is why I included that caveat. If you choose to leave it on a frag rack, that's fine. I hope that helps.

So as luck would have it I think I actually have the photo of when I first got it (2/2/19), and then a colony shot of it when it was nice and healthy (7/28/21). I don't know if I ever got the yellow tips but certainly it had a very deep red coloration.

In my tank this coral had a couple of MP60s blowing right at it and was towards the top right under the lights.

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 54
  • small.jpg
    small.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 54
So as luck would have it I think I actually have the photo of when I first got it (2/2/19), and then a colony shot of it when it was nice and healthy (7/28/21). I don't know if I ever got the yellow tips but certainly it had a very deep red coloration.

In my tank this coral had a couple of MP60s blowing right at it and was towards the top right under the lights.
This is awesome Dan! Thanks for sharing. I'll be sure to update the contest post with these pics too.

Back