Kessil

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
Here we go.
Alk is generally around 7.4, CA around 425.
Last check PO4-.3 Nitrate ? Salinity about 35 I think.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
1000003423.jpg

Day 1. Back left is contest frag. Right front is the Seatak test (not part of the contest) to test if it truly does encrust faster.

Parameters: pH 7.9-8.1. 35ppt. Alk 8.3, Ca 480, Mg 1290, unknown nitrate/phos (only test monthly).

View attachment 53030
Day 1. Back left is contest frag. Right front is the Seatak test (not part of the contest) to test if it truly does encrust faster.

Parameters: pH 7.9-8.1. 35ppt. Alk 8.3, Ca 480, Mg 1290, unknown nitrate/phos (only test monthly).
Be interesting to see how that plays out. So far not sure if I have seen any noticeable differences in faster encrust times. I do like though my urchin can no longer run off with frags.

Just a reminder to everyone, to please get your first photo WITH a measurement device within 48hrs of receiving your frag. Also, your general water parameters just for reference.

For those that are already posted a pic without a ruler, please work on getting something posted by tomorrow.

The next "check-in" photo won't be required until the end of March.

Moving forward, you really should be focusing on overall growth of your frag. Only way for us to judge it well is with accurate and easy to read pics. The most important photos are your first one and last one!

Let me know if you need help getting better pics.

I got these two pics as an example. I set my phone to "Pro" mode where I was able to modify the color temperature to 10K and then snapped the pic.
20240220_210327.jpg

For the next one, I did the same thing but used a clip-on orange filter and changed my color temp to 6500K. As you can see, there's not much difference.
20240220_210528.jpg

apologies everyone. The last photo sent from the flippydo account was my old guest account. Here is the photo sent from my main account.

Attachments

• IMG_8027.jpeg
    IMG_8027.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 32
Back