Kessil

Free pincushion urchin and 3x turbo snails

Ryebreadiest

Supporting Member
Hi all, bought a big clean up crew to deal with an ulva algae outbreak and they have done a great job. My tank is too small to support the whole crew so I’m offering up the pincushion urchin (captive bred from algae barn) and a couple of turbo snails for free before they starve. I can also try to grab a money cowrie or two (I added 10) but they are hard to find in the day.

Send me a message, I’m in West San Jose by Campbell.

My urchins and cuc will go for nori. If you are worried about starvation before being able to give away (nice offering by the way), you could try putting some nori in there.

How big is the urchin?
Body is like a medium sized marble, not counting spines.
My urchins and cuc will go for nori. If you are worried about starvation before being able to give away (nice offering by the way), you could try putting some nori in there.
Yeah I’ve already got a tuxedo urchin I’m gonna keep along with a couple of other turbos and various other snails. It’s just a 30g tank.
Money cowies live in the rockwork during the day and come out at night. If you’re looking for them.
Yep I’ll try to get a couple tonight!

Half a dozen messages so far so I’ll assume that someone will be taking them. Incidentally if you have an Ulva algae issue, urchins, turbos, money cowrie, and changing to a heavy blue spectrum totally crushed it in about 2 weeks!

Glad to hear the success. You might want to keep some and supplement nori/algae for them to prevent or get a jump on the next algae outbreak.

Back