Jestersix

Future frag: Snowflake Digitata (Mike's Limited Editions)

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
:D

Ok when cleaning my tank, I repositioned some corals, and like always the IC gel didn't hold the rock that this coral is attached to, so when I got it out I noticed the top was snipped off, so I pulled the piece out and then I dropped the rock again.. and of course made another frag... so that's why it looks more like an encrusting montipora rather than a branching one now! but the branches are mounted else where, so it's good.

So this is just about WYSIWYG as far as colors, there's a little haze in my photo which I'm unsure where it came from honestly... but the polyps are white/whitish-blue and this is not a bleached coral that I just decided to call white, it has held this color at least a year (I say at least because I can't recall when I originally got it). Which is why I named it a snowflake digitata :D The base is a very light beige color more of a creamy peach color and not "brown" but your mileage may vary.

Ok so digitatas might not be everyone's cup o' tea, but being as I have never seen anyone brag about having one (maybe for good reason?) or ask for one (ditto *laugh*) I'm calling this part of my limited collection :) Currently under 14k hamilton bulbs but white balanced the photo, not any fluorescent qualities (AFAIK) of this coral though, however I don't run actinics so there might be.

I haven't decided how many frags I'll offer yet, but I probably won't be able to hand out the first ones until the next meeting (frag swap?) anyways, and I haven't decided how many frags I'll toss in the frag swap, so it's kind of iffy at this point, but it's not a first come first serve offering anyways, so that's irrelevant. That and I'm hoping my tank will survive after my trip, so I dont want to make too many promises :)

Requirements-
Must have offered at least one "decent" stony coral (SPS or LPS) for the DBTC, and by "decent" I mean 1) people actually wanted it and accepted it... and since its hard to give away even good corals in this club :) 2) It's not "common" stuff. (I will judge at my leisure :p).
OR
Gave back at least TWO 2nd or later generation stony corals (again "decent" ones :D) back into the chain.
AND
You can't have had a recent crash or be battling any malady and need to "restock" your tank. Don't mean to be hardnosed about this but in recent months I've been battling a nasty algae myself, and have been nice about not asking for pieces of good stuff that it seems can't be given away, that I very happily would have taken, And I attribute that to people being good about the program and not being a "me! I want a piece" coral grubbers, so good job folks! But I don't want any of my corals going to restock peoples tanks, or what not.

Oh and this grows like any other digitata, either you can take care of them without problem, or not, so please no one ask to "try" a piece out.

Ok the picture :D
snowflakeqm4.jpg

Heheh Norman, done and done! I was going to bring both frags for the swap, but one of the frags will have Norman's name on if anything to continue to propagate them outward... that and I'd like to see what color it goes to in others systems.

I should say something about Ugly here, but.......he's the chief and power scares me. ;)

Anyway, I'd like a piece of this if possible. I had a piece of this I rescued from a tank but it had WLD and I couldn't save it.

My Resume:
Gave out:
Hydnophora
Green Slimer
Orange Digi
Many Bam-Bam zoos

Received:
Idaho Grape (fell behind the rocks and died)
RBTA (Still waiting for that b^&$ch to split)

So, I don't meet your criteria but I give what I can. I just haven't had enough time to get my SPS up to speed. Most "good" ones I got came from the swap in the Summer and they are just getting to frag size now.

Alright, as of right now I have exactly 1 frag, and the Normal person gets it :D I had another frag a smaller nub, unfortunately where that went I don't know, it was superglued to my rock but I guess my urchins and snails have been using banned substances and rip that stuff right over!

Also due to my hand injury I'm going to try to put my hands in the tank (even with gloves) a minimal amount of times, simply because gloves leak.

The frag is large enough size however that I'm sure Norman will have 2nd gen frags in a hurry, this might not grow as fast as green/purple stuff, but it grows, and considering the crap I've gone through with my tank, fairly bulletproof. if I do find the other frag I'll probably toss it in the swap next week.

Here's a closeup of Mike's "It snows in the Bay Area only once every 15 years, so when we see snowflakes from San Francisco we're sure to oooooh and aaaaaahhh and post on Reef Central so that we can get PM'd to death for frags!"

DSCN2209.jpg

I'm just trying to help you hype up your UberLimited Edition "When Hell Freezes Over Icefire Snowflake monti That Even Tyree Himself Would Sell his Soul to the Devil to Get a Frag of"

:D

Oh dang it... I ended that with a preposition...

Btw here's the same piece as above about a month and a half later, the nub that broke off (and norm got) is now trying to poke up again :D. Just to give you an idea of how fast it grows in my system.

snowflakeuw7.jpg

Back