Kessil

FYI trident service backlog

I believe this is what failed for my self service, they dont have a fail proof stop for reverse pin.
I'm going to stay away from Trident repairs! I've repaired two EB8xxs no issues, but i think I would break my Trident if I tried to repair it (because I might throw it on the floor in frustration).
even with those troubles i'm going through, i will still use it, there isn't a product on the market right now that is better than trident in any aspect.
I have to admit I missed my Trident - I was in the middle of switching Ca additives when my Trident broke, and then Ca went high/alk bottomed out, and I’m finding my tanks are less stable than they were (or really swings are bigger) compared with when I got the Trident because of the increase in coral mass these past couple years. It’s really a love-hate relationship with the Trident…

I’ve really been thinking about doing the whole Apex thing because I really want Trident. But reading all the posts here on BAR about them makes me think they’re hot garbage. I wish there was a better alternative.
I have found that there def some modules that are better than others for sure. I do like the trident. I find it useful in guiding small dose increases up/down.

I use AFR so abrupt changes are not apparent but with 2 part I could see how for example-a build up of alk solution precipitate could block the line suddenly dropping the reading a bit.

Calibration is needed every couple months IMO and worth doing to keep the readings relatively accurate -and I mean relative..

Reef factory does have some new self calibrated testers for various elements that include alk, ca, mg, PO4, NO3 that look promising.

However on the face of it-a tester costs ~$600 and can be used for only element at a time. Also does not look available in US but could be wrong.

I thought BRS bought them?
No, BRS doesn’t exist as an independent company anymore. The same company that bought BRS also bought Neptune Systems. And Ecotech. And AquaIllumination. And they just got the distribution rights for Reef Factory. All owned by Aperture Pet and Life now, which is just a friendlier sounding subsidiary of Bertram Capital.

Last edited:
I’m bummed to hear Neptune service isn’t what it used to be, that was always their main selling point in my experience
I only wonder how much “in house/ home grown” talent chose to leave the company once the relocation was presented to them. Speaking for myself, it would be a very hard sell for me to pick up my whole life & family to move them across the country to follow my job. Paid relocation or not.

I only wonder how much “in house/ home grown” talent chose to leave the company once the relocation was presented to them. Speaking for myself, it would be a very hard sell for me to pick up my whole life & family to move them across the country to follow my job. Paid relocation or not.
That was my first thought too.
And without paid relocation-those moving companies charge hella money-put you in debt just to love otherwise

I’m bummed to hear Neptune service isn’t what it used to be, that was always their main selling point in my experience

Maybe it’s short term or not. More and more my equipment purchases have been Red Sea.
Even if I ever get another tank- the tank might not be Red Sea but I’ll def use use other equipment. Be interesting how reef factory plays out-their reef smart tester looks promising.

Maybe it’s short term or not. More and more my equipment purchases have been Red Sea.
Even if I ever get another tank- the tank might not be Red Sea but I’ll def use use other equipment. Be interesting how reef factory plays out-their reef smart tester looks promising.
Reef Factory is boycott worthy due to their bad faith deals with people that helped them develop the line then becoming a BRS exclusive brand.

Just got the bill for the 2nd unit I sent in, things are moving faster than original time frame quote.
So you got a bill for the send-and-repair service you sent around 3/20?I finally got a bill yesterday for my send and repair that arrived there 3/5 but it was for $187 and they have not replied yet to explain why it’s not $145 (or $145+tax) so I can’t get it sent back yet. How much did they charge you?

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 5.17.36 PM.png

got 2nd bill and it was the same amount. when you pay, and once they shipped your serviced unit out, you will get a tracking and invoice bill from ecotech.

pm me if u want to see the bill.

I just got this with a message that I needed to pay it within 9 days for my Trident to ship back. It looks like you got an actual itemized bill. I'm hoping to hear back with an explanation why it's not $145+tax although the two Tridents I sent in were tune-up cases - one had a leaky hose (as I discovered when there was a puddle of reagent under it) and the other was just getting irregular readings which I figured was an intermittent stuck valve...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 5.26.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 5.26.49 PM.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 26
if I were you, I’d just pay now and follow up with the cost difference. And have them refund you later if there’s error in the bill

Back