Kessil

Gablami's Reefer 525 Build

Did you get one of the brushless masterflexes? How loud is it?
Yes it's brushless and built like a tank. Really a nice piece of equipment (probably overkill). It is essentially silent at the speeds I would running it at. At first when I set the rate it was louder than I expected, but it was set to the wrong tube size. Once I set my tube size it went to silent. I can't hear it, only see it spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really intrigued by a diamond goby at the LFS, so active, working hard. I also was getting tired of manually stirring my sand bed every few days. So I bought him and he is in quarantine.

I left the house in the afternoon and the large PVC T-tube was completely uncovered and lying atop a 1 inch thick sand bed. I come home 6 hours later:

I was really intrigued by a diamond goby at the LFS, so active, working hard. I also was getting tired of manually stirring my sand bed every few days. So I bought him and he is in quarantine.

I left the house in the afternoon and the large PVC T-tube was completely uncovered and lying atop a 1 inch thick sand bed. I come home 6 hours later:

Can't wait to see what he does with your display tank! Mawhahahahaha!

Beware of any corals you have on or near the sand bed. It will cover them as it works. Sometime it looks like its doing it intentionly.

I've lost a few acan colonies.

Yeah I'm not sure what to expect but I'm willing to make it work. I can always move my clam, elegance, dendro, and low lying zoas and acans I'm willing to sacrifice as needed. Another couple weeks in QT and he'll go into the DT.

Back