Cali Kid Corals

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Love that sailfin Jim. BEAUTIFUL! Nice addition.

PS, I finally bought the Acclimate XL, so I don't have to keep borrowing yours. Thanks very much for letting me use it. They are worth having for sure.

Thanks Kris.

The acclimate box xl is well worth the money spent. It took me roughly 10 minutes to catch the sailfin out of the main display...good thing fish are always hungry !

Kmooresf said:
Love that sailfin Jim. BEAUTIFUL! Nice addition.

PS, I finally bought the Acclimate XL, so I don't have to keep borrowing yours. Thanks very much for letting me use it. They are worth having for sure.

Hey, I have added this in my list for budgeting. I loved all the featured they have.

JAR said:
How many inches of fish Do you suppose you will end up with when your fish grow out?
It seems crowded arlready!

Good question...I tried measuring the fish, but they won't seem to stay still. :p

On a serious note...I don't think all the fish will total 400+ inches. That being said, I know inch per gallon is relative to the size/girth of the fish (and every fish is different).

gimmito said:
JAR said:
How many inches of fish Do you suppose you will end up with when your fish grow out?

Good question...I tried measuring the fish, but they won't seem to stay still. :p

On a serious note...I don't think all the fish will total 400+ inches. That being said, I know inch per gallon is relative to the size/girth of the fish (and every fish is different).

Jim- from what I have read yet, inch per gallon is for FOWLR tanks. For saltwater reef tank it's 1/2 to 1/3, so for 450 gallons you could only have 150 to 225 inches MAX.

I could be wrong but this is what I have read.

ReefLove said:
gimmito said:
JAR said:

Jim- from what I have read yet, inch per gallon is for FOWLR tanks. For saltwater reef tank it's 1/2 to 1/3, so for 450 gallons you could only have 150 to 225 inches MAX.

I could be wrong but this is what I have read.

Good point Nish....I'm probably going to add one more clown tang and the rest will be smaller fish like wrasses. I think I'll be well within the 225" guidelines you gave (which I think is for more sensitive corals like sps).

Kensington Reefer said:
You can keep as many fish as you can keep alive!
More fish, more food, more water changes
Go Jim go!

J
How was the purple vs purple aggression?

Lol...I agree large water changes are a necessity for a high bioload...I'm doing about 80 gal water changes at the moment.

The two purple tangs are getting along swimmingly Erin. :)

gimmito said:
Kensington Reefer said:
You can keep as many fish as you can keep alive!
More fish, more food, more water changes
Go Jim go!

J
How was the purple vs purple aggression?

Lol...I agree large water changes are a necessity for a high bioload...I'm doing about 80 gal water changes at the moment.

The two purple tangs are getting along swimmingly Erin. :)

In that case Jim, you should buy stock in the company who makes the salt you use :)

Back