Kessil

Going to CalAcademy of Sciences

Hello all I was planning on going to academy of sciences tomorrow.. Is there any must see attractions? HOpefully we'll get to see everything.. I just joined online for a family membership.. Any recommendations...

Yep I passed on the planetarium.. Figured we bought a membership so we'll be back.. Didn't want to burn my 4 year old out trying to see every thing in one day...

See anything familliar :)

2954835881_1140261dfd_b.jpg

Ok maybe this helps...

2955677280_82f7d60e0d_b.jpg

Heh - where is that sign? :D

For anyone else going over, I suggest first you get Plane-arium tickets for a show later in the day (if you want to see it). Then stand in line for the rainforest, because, after you go up though the exhibit, you go down to the aquarium and it a great way to see everything.

Ok, 2 things...

1) Mike notice the small print, call her so she can tell you why you were left off :D

2) Since when do people pay to an exhibit with Rich in it? ROFL!!

sfAS.jpg

Well the only reason a BAR member is on that list is because said BAR member works there and if I'm not mistaken put together some of the exhibits.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4807.msg66516#msg66516 date=1228085479]
Well the only reason a BAR member is on that list is because said BAR member works there and if I'm not mistaken put together some of the exhibits.

[/quote]
Yes indeed, but I had thought more were involved.
Richard Ross is everywhere around us, if its cool you can bet his names stuck somewhere on it...lol

hes like the "All Powerful OZ"
(look who moderates this section.....theres my proof)

no comment on pics?

AFAIK there were some BAR members that helped with some of the backbreaking work like moving sand, other BAR members wanted to help but apparently the Academy had a bit too much red tape for them to go through just to help out, and some BAR members did donate corals and such which is unfortunate what happened to a great number of them. As a result, no one got mentioned, Rich got mentioned because he works there and as such had his hands on the exhibits, the fact that he's a BAR member is irrelevant.

As to the photos, you can't physically get inside the tanks, so no pictures from within, you're free to take pictures from where you're standing though.

Back