Cali Kid Corals

Gomer's Elos 70 Journal (fo realz now!)

Step 1: Find a generous soul to act guardian and caretaker to your coral collection.
picture-194.jpg

Step 2: Frag everything (if possible) to a size that can be shipped at a future date and convert a cooler into a transport tank
cooler.jpg

Step 3: Relocate all coral to a new home for a stay.
wb.jpg

Step 4: Convert another cooler to a temp tank which will hold all your fish, inverts and some rock for a couple weeks
IMG_2207.jpg

Step 5: empty out all remaining rock/sand from a tank that has been neglected severely for a month
IMG_2206.jpg

Step 6: get elo 70 delivered (movers will move it to NM)
IMG_2209.jpg

Step 7: Take your wife and fish on a road trip (ok...it was more of a lets just get there trip so no exciting pics)

Step 8: Moving company unloads everything then I start unpacking crate (btw, nice job on crating Jesse!)
uncratingtank.jpg

Step 9: Rockscape fun
eloswithrock.jpg
eloswithrock2.jpg

Step 10: Get sump situated with tons of stuff without looking like a total nightmare (still got more to add including ATO and dosing jugs)
sump.jpg

Step 11: Add water...let things settle...move fish from septic cooler to tank..turn on lights to test out....sit back and relax
tankwithwater.jpg
fulltankwithoutcoral.jpg

Next step: Let things settle and get the kind guardian to ship over corals which will likely look better then when I left them lol

Sounds fun. I've wanted to check out New Mexico. There sure are a lot of places I haven't been to. Time to hit the road!

Yeah, when the heck do you get out of our hair :lol:

Kidding of course, I've all ready told you I at least will miss you around here :)

heh. Sorry, I have hair envy and have attachment issues :p

Movers are here the 12/13 and we will drive out that night or the day after.
see you soon at the secret bunker..shhhh.... :X

Good luck on the drive. I get to Silver City, NM on the 12th for ten days of hiking/camping.

Watching vinegar cleanup the old tank will be great.

Umm this is BAR I think you should post your FOWLR tank somewhere else!!

HaHa

I just got home tonight after 10 days on the road and the stuff looks great bigger and more color. Got lucky and caught last 5 minutes of light to observe. I think the turbos bulldozed that one pico pico frag off the plug will search for it tomorrow.

Back