Kessil

Hello there

rxx2rxx2

Supporting Member
Hello there,

I have been out of the hobby for about 9 years. Kids are almost out of college and I'm starting to have some free time, so I have been thinking of restarting a reef tank. I go by Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo occasionally to get some feeders for an aquaculture project I have going on in the backyard and am still mesmerized by the crazy colored corals and clams. I was shocked that Reef Central has gone by the way side. No more Steve Tyree. The tank technology is crazy different now days. I see Dexter from Ultimate once in a while. Used to see Matt, algblenny, Tubbs looks like he's out riding bikes, Sam Tabora moved down South. I gave him my last SPS, a rock with some OG
Superman monti on it. I'm thinking of something small, maybe 20 gallon IM Lagoon 25. It'll be a slow process.

Anyway, good to see BAR is still around and hope to meet some of you soon!

Attached a couple of pic for old times sake from my last tank in 2015.

Happy reefing!

Ben
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1676.JPG

Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Looking forward to watch the build slowly come together once you've begun.

There are some nice tanks for sale in the BST side of the forum if you decide to become a supporting member.

Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Looking forward to watch the build slowly come together once you've begun.

There are some nice tanks for sale in the BST side of the forum if you decide to become a supporting member.
How can I become a member?

Gotta love the old school metal halide and E26 LED spotlights! Welcome back!

Matt still does aquarium servicing and Tyree still has his coral farmer's markets which we just went to last Saturday in Sunnyvale. Lot of folks have nanos for sale/giveaway in the B/S/T forum so hopefully we can find you something that works.

Welcome back to the hobby! I remember John (tubbs) from way back then. I was in high school at the time and would bike to his house to check out his tanks and get frags. I'm still searching for his blue tip stag for nostalgic reasons. It's nothing crazy compared to today's trends but it looked amazing in his sunlit tank.

Last edited:
Welcome back...you won't regret it...no promises.

That old set up has too many lights. Now you'll just need 1 for an IM 20/25

Since you already have some experience, go bigger...100g or so.

Welcome back...you won't regret it...no promises.

That old set up has too many lights. Now you'll just need 1 for an IM 20/25

Since you already have some experience, go bigger...100g or so
Too many lights? LOL!
I had a 36 x 36 x 24, 2 400 watt MH, 2 250 watt MH, 8 36 inch VHO's. Had to take it down when PG&E got to $750/months. Upstairs was 90F+ in the summer. Had to install home A/C and move chillers to the garage. Must've been around 2000. Sold frags to tubs who ran exotic reefs.

Back