Neptune Aquatics

Help needed! Emergency tank contact while in vacation

Our family will be leaving on this Saturday for 4 weeks out of country vacation, would someone be kind enough to be emergency contact in case of possible major equipment/system failure? If so please PM me your name and contact, and best available time range. The tank is in my house in Fremont.

I will have my brother to feed fishes and check the tank. His tasks are simple: 1) feed lightly, 3 times a week (flake only, I have spoon set aside so he can get the right amount for each feed) 2) top of RO water in reservoir 3) watch out water level in tank and sump 4) clean the glass using mag cleaner 5) drain out skimmer cup if there are too much waste buildup.

My system is automated from 2 parts doser to ATO, I have APEX setup so that I can check some parameters from Internet, also have webcam that I can check from time to time.

If there is any major issue either found by controller or webcam or by my brother, I will be contacted first and try to work him out to find and solve issue. But due to complication of remote consultation, I would love to have some reefers as emergency contact just in case. If situation is real bad and I can not work him out, either I or my brother will call you if you happen to be available to come to my house help the situation.

I have most of the backup equipments and set aside lot of saltwater and RO water as well. I am not too worried, just plan for the bad.

Thanks lot for anyone who would like to offer the help!

Thanks Jess and Steve, you guys are great! Please PM me your contact number .

Hope for the best and you guys won't get any call at all.

BTW any chance you guys are looking for certain SPS frag, check out my tank thread and let me know if you are interested in any of them.

Just came back from 4 weeks vacation, my reef made it, everything looks OK all fishes swimming and corals looks healthy except few acros having tip burst issue which exist before the vacation. 25 Gallon RO water being used. No algae outbreak.
Thanks again Jess and Steve for your warmly offer as emergency contact, I am so glad that I don't have to call you guys from China.
Too bad I missed the big event, next year if I am in town I will be volunteer for BAYMAC 2012.

Back