Reef nutrition

"Holiday" potluck, Richard Ross talk and mini frag swap (01/07)

Hey everyone...So my wife has a medical appointment on Monday in SF. She suggested we find a place to stay the night after the dinner at High Tide instead of wasting gas and time.

Is there somewhere you would suggest that is nearby, safe, and not horribly expensive? I figured I'd ask here vs taking a gamble with booking online. Thanks!
The Claremont hotel is pretty old school but a classic and in a pretty safe area if you want to try that out. It's on the pricer side but probably not far off from an SF hotel.

Edit: also be sure to keep your car interior/trunk pretty empty when parking in SF/Oakland, even in paid lots. Most of the bipping takes <30s to break in and fold down the rear seats to get at the trunk.

Last edited:
@The_Lazy_Reefer - setup/teardown
@ReyDeFarts -pulled pork sliders
@Invictus - dessert or bread (garlic)
@Alexander1312
@JVU-vegetable samosas
@Darkxerox -utensils/plates
@psidriven -chips and dip
@Thales - talk
@Arvin R
@Michael Hans -pizza
@Crazymex408 -deviled eggs
@Srt4eric -drinks
@grizfyrfyter -
@CaptainB - appetizers
@Bruce Spiegelman -cheesy meats
@HankDean V
@Patio
@IOnceWasLegend
@Metopian Reef -veggies
@Jet Black
@jonmedina
@BotanicalReefer
@JustinBolton
@dochou
@Apon -fruit plate

Those who havent said what they are bringing we need to get that nailed down.

Also a reminder for the swap. BRING ONLY ONE FRAG!!! Bring a frag that you would be proud to give or receive please.

Sorry for the delayed response. All my thoughts were focused on which frag to bring :).

I am currently thinking of walnut shrimps and egg rolls.

I had a great time! Thanks @Thales for the wisdom and insight. Got me geeking out about genetics!

Here's a few pics I got from my phone this evening. I'll try and post the rest from my camera when tomorrow or the next day.
20240107_181228.jpg
20240107_181048.jpg
20240107_184358.jpg
20240107_192135.jpg

20240107_192119.jpg

20240107_193025.jpg
20240107_193015.jpg
20240107_192405.jpg
20240107_193051.jpg

Hang tight a couple more days please for the rest of the pics. Having to take my wife back to SF tomorrow for surgery. We'll be staying the night and returning late the following day. Sorry for the delay.
Take your time on the pics. Family comes first. Hoping for a smooth surgery and quick recovery.

Back