Our mission

I need someone to look occasionally after my Nano Tank while on vacation (Walnut Creek)

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Hi there - I have decided to reach out here as I could not think of anyone I would trust to look after my 26-gallon tank while on vacation. The issue is that no one understands what to do without having a reef tank. Also, we only moved here a year ago from Illinois and do not yet enough people.

Therefore, I have decided to pay for this and am looking for a recommendation for someone willing to do this properly.

We are planning to go on vacation three times this year, and I would need some limited supervision for the first two trips and more involvement during the last trip, as below:

Trip 1 - June 18 to June 23
- Come by two times and check the tank (no specific activity required)
- Come by in case of an emergency (long-term power outage) to, e.g., plug in and start up propane generator, replace heater if failed, replace return pump if failed. There is a battery UPS in place, which lasts up to two hours, and we have not yet had a more extended power outage than that in our area.

Trip 2 - Aug 4 to Aug 8
- Come by two times and check the tank (no specific activity required)
- Come by in case of an emergency (long-term power outage) to, e.g., plug in and start up propane generator, replace heater if failed, replace return pump if failed. There is a battery UPS in place, which lasts up to two hours, and we have not yet had a more extended power outage than that in our area.

Trip 3 - Three weeks overseas from mid-December to early January (exact dates tbc)
- Weekly check-in visit and water testing, some important dosing (potentially, maybe will be automated by then).
- One time 20/25% water change

Please PM if you know someone that would be interested in doing that. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 57
Back