Kessil

I'm DONE with crabs now

I think that crabs are so cool, but I've always kept snails because I've heard that crabs are opportunistic. Well, I bought a decently sized emerald crab ( first mistake ) about a month ago, and he hasn't been too bad, until today. Here is what I don't like about my emerald crab specifically. 1. He knocks over all of my frags ( expected ) 2. He ate my darth maul Zoas ( kind of expected) 3. He's been picking on my smaller nassarius ( expected ) and finally, 4. He ate my 3.5 inch black sailfin blenny I just got! I got the fish about 3 weeks ago, he was thin, but started eating everything after 2 days ( algae, nori, flake, pellet, frozen ). He had 1 small bout of ich, but recovered nicely. He was doing great, so I am 95% sure he didn't die of natural causes. The emerald crabs punishment, death by mantis in a few months when I set up that tank. Feel free to donate your convict invertebrates to the mantis colliseum if you want lol

We have a couple of Emerald Crabs in our 60g. and would be happy to take any other unwanted crabs that are causing you grief! They are doing an efficient job of cleaning our 175+ pounds of live rock. ( cant take Krusty if he needs to get out of the water though.)

Yeah...I don't trust any crabs anymore....even the small blue leg hermits. They are great at helping to keep a tank clean...but just too destructive and eat all your snails.

Back