Our mission

Inkbird WiFi doesn't hold temp, why?

richiev

Supporting Member
Inkbirds get a lot of hate on this forum, and I think for good reason. This thing drives me insane. It seems like it's trying to do something smart, managing how frequently it turns on/off, and it does it very do dumbly. The temperature is all over the place, and when I look at it the reading will be drastically off compared to my controller, and if I flip the inkbird's outlet off then on the inkbird temp reading might jump 1°F if not 1°C.

Partially this is a rant, because it was just doing it again.

Partially in curious if anyone has come up with a fix for this, besides buying a different brand. I'm debating opening it up and trying to reprogram or replace its internal controller. I imagine it's an esp chip, and I'm wondering if the reason it loses track of temperature is because their software is garbage and getting hung up.

Maybe I'll set my power strip up to automatically flip it on and off once a day.

I specifically don’t use the Wi-Fi model because they are booboo.
Yeah, that's the vibe I've got too. I think in hacking together their low end WiFi stuff they must've screwed up the electronic controls. My guess is WiFi blips is what leads to it getting all confused

Back