Neptune Aquatics

Inkbird

Anyone uses inkbird?
I got one and look like it can control withen 1 digit only, I cannot do fracture of a digit. Is this the case with these products?
I like to control my temp withen 0.5 to 0.7 variation. Is this possible with inkbird?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just tried with mine and you might be able to do something with the calibration setting to get close to your goal, but I believe it will only keep it in a 77-78° range. Also I’m new and curious, Why would you want to prevent a 1° swing, what type of impact would that have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why do you need such fine control?

Inhad one i used briefly but never resurrected when i redid my tanks (went with fluval E series)
Because I feel the prob itself have an extra 0.2 to 0.3 degree accuracy so its adding up.
I conteol withen 0.7 degree the most...

Why are you not using it btw?
Am trying to avoid turning the ghl outlet on and off, instead was thinking or keeping the outlet on, and do the conteol theough the inkbird..

I just tried with mine and you might be able to do something with the calibration setting to get close to your goal, but I believe it will only keep it in a 77-78° range. Also I’m new and curious, Why would you want to prevent a 1° swing, what type of impact would that have?

No impact just stability. I like tight tolerances that's all.
I donot like seeing temp swing more than a degree. Everything have tolerances, so if we start with 1 on the conteoller I was worried about other added tolerances like the prob..
In any event it's not a big deal I just wanted to check.

Because I feel the prob itself have an extra 0.2 to 0.3 degree accuracy so its adding up.

Am trying to avoid turning the ghl outlet on and off, instead was thinking or keeping the outlet on, and do the conteol theough the inkbird..

Some people will run both, you can have the inkbird in the GHL outlet and have multiple probes to ensure proper heating

Btw I found that the inkbird heat controller actually have 0.3 degree precision.
The one I have thay conteol cold and heat has 1 degree.

Some people will run both, you can have the inkbird in the GHL outlet and have multiple probes to ensure proper heating

That's what am doing, but ultimately the inkbird is what control the heater and chiller which means it will be the bottle neck of the swing isnot it?
As I said am trying to avoid switching on off the controller outlet frequently. So the outlet will switch off only if something wet bad lile more than 3 degree variations. But switching heating and cooling elements is done by the inkbird. If I have to still switch on off the conteoller outlet then I do not need the inkbird cause ghl probs are solid.

Been through 3 units and had to drop them as a sponsor of my IG page due to the fact I would never ever recommend running one of these in any tank let alone a reef.

I run the Fluval E series which has digital temp control and chillers on every tank (a lot of chillers and redundant equipment admittedly )

The inkbird is now just reserved for an iceprobe for my nano tanks but since I am keeping some high end pieces, i just rely on a full chiller instead

The only reason I wanted to try it is because brs was raving about the product...just showes how flawed some of these forums, paid so called expert reviews and retail websites are..it reminded me of couple other products that failed miserably in the market yet brs and couple forums pretended it never happened and buried real reviews....

Last edited:
Yea when I went to replace my heaters I snagged the titanium brs style and was surprised at the controller they sell you is a rebranded inkbird. So I’m just letting my apex do the job and skipped the controller.

Yeah I knew of Inkbird's issues and when I saw BRS going in with a rebranded Inkbird it really made me think a bit less about the work they do as they were promoting this as a "good thing", I wonder if this was BRS's endeavor or if Inkbird wanted to get into some sponsorship deal with them and they found out how.

Yeah I knew of Inkbird's issues and when I saw BRS going in with a rebranded Inkbird it really made me think a bit less about the work they do as they were promoting this as a "good thing", I wonder if this was BRS's endeavor or if Inkbird wanted to get into some sponsorship deal with them and they found out how.
Make no mistake about it,these videos by brs, this guy mr.salt water and couple others are nothing but hidden advertisements...

Even though the BRS stuff is mostly advertisement, they are still very informative.

I tell newbies all the time to watch the 52 weeks or reefing.
Yup up to a certain point and if vedio do not involve products its informative.
Not necessarily always the right informstions but informative nevertheless

Back