Kessil

Introductions

Hey all,
Joined BAR and I wanted to introduce myself.
I started reefing in 2002. Had a 100g reef then. Boy was it hard back then! Gave up around 2006 but I've been feeling the itch recently. Moving to a much bigger place has also helped my decision to get back into to hobby.
I've lurking and trying to absorb as much info as I can but it seems like it's not as much black magic as there used to be. I was very surprised to find small tanks being so successful these days.
Encouraged by that, I bought a used 40g all in one with a stand n lights. I won't be starting the tank till May but I'm very excited.
I will start a tank journal when I do and I hope you all will give me pointers and suggestions.

Vincent

Hello and welcome to the club :)

Can I ask where you heard about BAR?

Feel free to post on here and ask us anytime. A lot of people here are very knowledgeable and have been in this reefing hobby a long time.

Oh and thanks for being a supporting member. Hope to see you at the next events!

If you need equipment, there will be some free test kits, eggcrate, and more at the next frag swap in Hayward.

-Michael

Last edited:
Yup! The BAR frag swap flyer was posted at 7 major local fish stores around the San Francisco Bay Area. I've seen at least 5 new forum users within the past couple days.

Awesome! glad the news is still getting out about our club

Wouldn't be a problem if we have a BAR banner hanging somewhere in the shop. We've been asking for it for only couple years now. Club awareness should be the #1 priority right now as it helps bring in new blood. A little bit lacking in this area considering this club really need more members that could potentially bring in next group of BOD!

Back