Reef nutrition

Josesito62's elos 70

Hey people of BAR! Here is my story.
After a green hair covered, neglected, and modified to the tanks limit bio cubes owner was mentally beaten down by his family member to start over or let it go. I decided to let it go and go bigger! Haha came across a elos so I jumped on it.
The plan with this build is to be light bio load because I don't have time to do weekly water changes so bi weekly it is. I want sort of a minimalist look anyways. I had a 50 tall before that must have had 70+ pounds of LR it was cool at the time but too hard to clean!
Equipment list
*elos 70 55 gal DT
*elos 400 sump I think it's 20gal?
*eshops s120 skimmer
* two little fishes phos ban reactor w/gfo
*ehiem 1260 return
* I forget the series of power heads but as of right now two hydors two jebaos
For bio filter all I have right now is about 25lbs of LR and 50 lbs of "live" sand
Stocking list as of now
1 yellow tang
1 coral beauty
5 red leg hermits
Unknown zoa
2 Unknown stonies (maybe you guys can help haha)
Pics in next post

545F4DB0-E5F0-4127-869A-E041224F5395_zpsuknmnpcb.jpg

Excuse the glare tank is next to glass door
Also I forgot to add I am using the AI hydra 26 hd
D004F988-B0D6-4FDC-97F7-CE6324027DB1_zpsqaexcmyv.jpg

Unknown coral liked the color and was cheap so I thought I would give it a try
BA7624E6-BA65-4D3B-8F65-BA75358CD3A9_zpso95mdbhu.jpg

My tang he is kind of a dick tho

Welcome to the Elos club. You'll never settle for anything less.
Beautiful tank but those pumps are an eyesore ;)
Also, be careful with the random frags as those are a great way to introduce pests into such a beautiful display tank.

I could not agree more about the pumps they are temp and am at least gonna get rid of two of the power heads. I was trying to figure out what kinda flow I wanted and what the tank can handle. Thanks for the advice about the frags I should have learned my lesson before about that too a previous tank got tanker over by mushroom anemones

Looking good so far. I used to have a lot of flow in my 70 because I don't have any sand, but my vortech controller crapped out, so now I just have a gyre 130 with a tunze blowing across the back and it's doing a good job.

Back