got ethical husbandry?

July 9th BOD meeting @ the underground bunker

As usual our summer BOD meeting will be held in a secret underground bunker where your board members will be up to no good plotting and scheming for the upcoming swap and what the future hold for 2012. We are doing it with the memberships best interest in mind; how to make BAR a better club.

If you have any questions or concerns we are happy to address any and all :D

yardartist said:
Can't you get an emergency evacuation flight Tony?

They need all laser heads on hand.... aliens may invade at anytime and Tony is our last line of defense.

GreshamH said:
yardartist said:

They need all laser heads on hand.... aliens may invade at anytime and Tony is our last line of defense.
How did you find out about the aliens? :X
I mean you've just been watching too much Sci-Fi

nudibranch said:
GreshamH said:
yardartist said:

I do not own a TV and 90% of my movies are documentaries....

change alien with missile then given how many missile defense projects focus on lasers ;)

GreshamH said:
nudibranch said:
GreshamH said:
yardartist said:

change alien with missile then given how many missile defense projects focus on lasers ;)

Spend billions on developing an anti-missile laser system
Spend thousands on developing highly reflective nickle/chrome/other anti-anti-missile laser plating.

Gomer said:
GreshamH said:
nudibranch said:
GreshamH said:
yardartist said:

Spend thousands on developing highly reflective nickle/chrome/other anti-anti-missile laser plating.

Yeah but Reagen sure gave your industry a major boost for even mentioning that project :D

Gomer said:

Since when is keeping nerds employed on cool jobs like that a bad thing? :)

The big problem with the reflective coating is surviving the launch and air friction.
A mirror that can reflect a huge military infrared beam is no small task.
Just a few dust specs can cause a hot spot, and there goes your coating. Let alone the mess on launch.
But might be possible someday, especially if you know the specific wavelength.
And you can combine that with ceramic heat shields, and spinning the missile. But of course, all that adds weight.
At any rate, there are lots of articles on line about all the pros and cons.
Fun stuff!!

What is the simplest defense? ... Launch first. J)

GreshamH said:
Gomer said:
GreshamH said:
nudibranch said:
GreshamH said:
yardartist said:

Yeah but Reagen sure gave your industry a major boost for even mentioning that project :D
Except that I'm not in that laser sector :p

And you probably wouldn't know much about them if it weren't for Reagen. I know he is the direct reason my friends dad got pulled in the industry. Freaking lucky guy. He's in so much demand he gets to dictate his entire situation. His own lab, own staff, own budget, own schedule and own attire... he wears flip flops and board shorts to work :)

I'd probably know more about what you do if you'd be more forth coming.... :D till then your Laser Boy!!!

GreshamH said:
And you probably wouldn't know much about them if it weren't for Reagen. I know he is the direct reason my friends dad got pulled in the industry. Freaking lucky guy. He's in so much demand he gets to dictate his entire situation. His own lab, own staff, own budget, own schedule and own attire... he wears flip flops and board shorts to work :)

I'd probably know more about what you do if you'd be more forth coming.... :D till then your Laser Boy!!!
me too!!
Wore sandals, untucked shirt and cargo shorts to work..heck, have all month :p
I'll PM you.

Back