Kessil a360w vs a360we

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Kara13, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

I've had 2 Kessil a350w over my tank for about a year. I love them. I'm going to get 2 360w but don't know if I should get the 360we. Anyone have them and have a recommendation?

PS I'll be selling my 350s soon...

2. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

The "E" version is supposed to be 30% stronger / brighter. If you think more light would be a good thing, then I would definately get the "E's." ;)

tr1gger likes this.
  3. revnull

revnull Guest

I'm enjoying my "E"s. Then are newer, brighter and the same price. Can't go wrong with the E.

4. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Are they selling them as a different light, or have they simply replaced the regular wide with the "E" version?

5. revnull

revnull Guest

I would assume they would be the production replacement for the a360n/w.

Maybe someone from Kessil or an authorized retailer can chime in and verify?

6. denzil

denzil Webmaster

7. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

The a360WE is up to 15% more efficient than the original A360. Kessil had the opportunity to use a new led chip they manufactured (e series)and by doing so was able to get better performance. They also switched from a larger 48v power supply down to a 19v power supply. The light overall is a great buy and cant wait to see what your tank looks like before and after the swap.