Neptune Aquatics

Kessil A500X

That's the laser canon I mentioned at Neptune Aquatics awhile back :)

who ordered one?

A500 is for a very very deep tank. If yours is 24” deep or less, I wouldn’t use it. It’s really really powerful and chances are you’ll be running them no more than 50% on regular depth tank.

A500 is for a very very deep tank. If yours is 24” deep or less, I wouldn’t use it. It’s really really powerful and chances are you’ll be running them no more than 50% on regular depth tank.
@robert4025 what kind of bad advice is that??? Of course you wanna run the laser beams at full blast. Bigger is always better!! More power!! So what if you cook your corals... haha

Is there an application for this light to be mounted high above the tank too, or is the idea only to use it for deeper tanks?

Is there an application for this light to be mounted high above the tank too, or is the idea only to use it for deeper tanks?
That's what I was thinking. When I ran the 300 gallon lagoon which is almost 6' by 6' in size I easily kept thing alive with 3 Radions, just had them higher and more power.

My only worry is that even with the more narrow beam there could be quite a bit of light spill simply because most tanks aren't symmetrical (i.e. cube or something close) most tend to be skinny rectangles.

Back