Jestersix

Kessil AP9X PAR numbers

Hi all! Anybody running the AP9X and have used the PAR meter for numbers on a tank similar to the IM AIO nuvo 40? “24x20”x19” roughly. Currently running a G5 XR15 but it’s a little flat to my liking. I miss the shimmer of the kessils and would like to switch to the AP9X. Just became a supporting member again a couple weeks so still not qualified to borrow the clubs PAR meter. Long shot but hopefully someone has the same tank or similar in size and running the kessil to get an idea of the lights output.

This is a good review BRS did on the AP9X on a 24" x 24" tank at 10" above the water.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 1.43.39 PM.png

Hi all! Anybody running the AP9X and have used the PAR meter for numbers on a tank similar to the IM AIO nuvo 40? “24x20”x19” roughly. Currently running a G5 XR15 but it’s a little flat to my liking. I miss the shimmer of the kessils and would like to switch to the AP9X. Just became a supporting member again a couple weeks so still not qualified to borrow the clubs PAR meter. Long shot but hopefully someone has the same tank or similar in size and running the kessil to get an idea of the lights output.
I have the AP9X on a 36x22x22 tank and it's good PAR with a little drop off on sides. I'd think a Kessil 360x would work for your tank just fine unless you're planning for a bigger tank later. You'd be running the AP9X at like 30-40%.I'm running mine at 60% midday peak about 10" off the water.

Last edited:
I have the AP9X on a 36x22x22 tank and it's good PAR with a little drop off on sides. I'd think a Kessil 360x would work for your tank just fine unless you're planning for a bigger tank later. You'd be running the AP9X at like 30-40%.I'm running mine at 60% midday peak about 10" off the water.
Yeah, I considered the 360X but still needed to get the dongle for Wi-Fi capability. I do plan on upgrading in the future to something a little bigger which is why I chose the AP9X Route. Figured I’d have to dial the intensity down quite a bit but I’m ok with that.

Back