Our mission

Leaking RS-80 skimmer

Any RS-80 users experiencing leaking from the bulkhead fitting type thing that connects the skimmer collection cup to the skimmer body? Any idea how to make it stop?

I took out the o-ring and gave it a good look at, there were no visible knicks or anything like that on it. It's definately sitting flush and straight, maybe it's just worn down. Is the o-ring something found locally at a hardware store or do I need to order it from ER?

It's a slow leak, maybe a drip every 2 seconds, not terrible but over time it's going to be an annoyance.

I took out the o-ring and gave it a good look at, there were no visible knicks or anything like that on it. It's definately sitting flush and straight, maybe it's just worn down. Is the o-ring something found locally at a hardware store or do I need to order it from ER?

It's a slow leak, maybe a drip every 2 seconds, not terrible but over time it's going to be an annoyance.

badbread said:

Ninja Double Post

Jay, measure the diameter of the O ring, there's a hardware shop here that I get the ones for the Remora for less than a buck; it does not have to be anything super special that ER only stocks.

Mario

Back