Reef nutrition

Learn something new Melafix as a dip for AEFW

4feadddb2e4cc5caf2f48b19ad646b21.jpg

Hope this will help people with AEFW.

I didn't realize it was just tea tree oil. My wife sells essential oils and has a bunch of tea tree oil. I've quarenteened corals that had aefw but that was solved by a chop and dip.

Thanks for sharing! CoralRx has a tea tree oil smell now that I think of it, sort of reminds you of peppermint but not - maybe I’ll pick up some tea tree oil and compare.

So according to this if you dip it in melafix $9.99 @ dr fosters AEFW just falls off the frag but don't do it longer than 6 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm, that's interesting. I've been using it in my QT tank, but never considered it for coral dipping before. Wonder if you could pair this up with Bayer.

0kATVen9Wpzu7GcdGrl6rWHcUdmb58-W8mfyFk2ZZ9FS1z_xwx-QDpvWogOtJMBrCtv_uPcsbO7kYQ9x0C5Ui5GtsAMHzLM3WTVFElyN0_v_XEyYhZJFqFZqb_nV34WIK2x7gOP5Fl5C-jPQel_xRc4d0qP1b5c-HHxO6-VdabP6CyosKz47D67IsdteoJo-rFNyt61obPPKRe8Zy9qfSsy306YZZ34EV2xUGbFk671pLhDGem7t6t3Xrfs-hMMQh5-Eq5U0NWmczhD9jpbAyw7sWM6U6vC2RSMwIoTYcfw-jGAR2VMLQvhVIugBCV8UwEjK9yyMyadbvFB_22Ms2aU_DEhb4g9LKdZaktK3bPgUSsYGaKTbxklH-v59ZHevb0U94ki-2202ZBZr_ki-eIjaqSLzeHH4pMyxziBDOOYoFoPAV67dSoeIfCRIUPvn1BBUzFdGDzR916v2Ihrxo6WULaX7DICyFK5TtOz90Gq6clVD8QFbTnoYjqEQmwm3-ufhKRc7EbvNz408D_XNaBxCRln7aGMANAq03MXGslUXsfcwezCBfMbH3nUI16epCQdS7vn3lDwFDcAp4FkF2_29yT042_Ab0lRpmnPV=w976-h1300-no

Melafix first since that's not as long as a Bayer dip. So Melafix for 6 minutes, rinse, then into the Bayer/FW Exit dip for 15 minutes.

I just found out about this too. There are different concentrations of Melafix, but Melafix Pond is the strongest and I think I read 1-2 mL per cup for dip for 6 min. Also, it’s clear so that’s advantage over Bayer. Anyone switch over or have experience?

I don’t think anything works on eggs other than physical removal. Just wondering if anyone uses Melafix as primary dip now instead of Bayer or other ones. Didn’t want to start a new thread so just bumped this one.

I’ve used melafix as a more gentle dip. I’ve had many red dragons die using Bayer and this was more gentle. I’ve yet to see the mass killing like I do with bayer tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used melafix as a more gentle dip. I’ve had many red dragons die using Bayer and this was more gentle. I’ve yet to see the mass killing like I do with bayer tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a loss using Bayer. I’ve left Red Dragon frags in Bayer for hours (forgot I had it in there), came back to find it just fine. Rinsed it off and went into my tank with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back