High Tide Aquatics

Leemar Starphire 290

Looking pretty snazzy Kris!

Was that a cardinal fish or a squirrel fish (red stripped blue eye) that kept jumping into frame? :D

Thanks Mike, it's a Blue eyed cardinal. They do look like squirrell fish actually. I would LOVE to get one, but they eat shrimp, etc. I have three of the cardinals and they are getting big. They eat a lot!

Thanks Mike, it's a Blue eyed cardinal. They do look like squirrell fish actually. I would LOVE to get one, but they eat shrimp, etc. I have three of the cardinals and they are getting big. They eat a lot!
You're telling me, that's why I thought squirrel fish for some reason because it almost looked as large as the tang! I was a bit too mesmerized with your corals during the tank tour to pay much attention to the fish :D

Clearly one of the best tanks on here. Love to give kris a coral anytime possible as this is what he does with them!

Works for me Mike, you have good taste in coral! ;)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. It's been a lot more fun keeping tanks while being on a forum. It's taken my game up immensly. both from sharing information and giving me major motivation. I'm really glad I joined. Thanks for the help.

Thanks Arnold, good eyes! My Melenarus wrasse was picking at the mantles. I'm super bummed! The clam didn't seem all that bothered by it, but I didn't want to chance it getting stressed. So it lives in the frag tank. I am gonna be re-doing the frag tank though. The current is 15 gallons and it's not cuttin it. It is JAMMED with frags at the moment. Hoping to bring a bunch to the BAP. The new tank is probably going to be around 60-70 gallons. Thinking I will just make the clam the center piece. It's growing very fast.

LOL! I know, it's a PITA!!! It was suggested that I donate it to the Academy of Science. It's a frag to them. ;)

I have fish, shrimp, crabs in the fuge.............will have all of the above in the frag tank as well. LOL! I can't help myself. :cool:

Playing around with the iphone 5s slow motion feature. 120 fps. Looks pretty amazing on itunes in full HD..... doesn't seem as good on YouTube, but thought I would share anyway. Kinda fun new feature.

hmmm never heard of a wrasse bothering a clam...how bad was the picking? Maybe he was cleaning it?

I like the slow mo video.....do you have more than 1 type of anthias? I also like your red cap, I can never get mine to scroll upwards, mine always grow downwards.

hmmm never heard of a wrasse bothering a clam...how bad was the picking? Maybe he was cleaning it?

I like the slow mo video.....do you have more than 1 type of anthias? I also like your red cap, I can never get mine to scroll upwards, mine always grow downwards.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. He picked all the little feelers off around the mouth of the clam. ALL of them. They have since grown back in the frag tank.

Only have lyertail anthias......4 females and a male. The cap is actually a bright orange. My Red cap grows downword also.

Back