got ethical husbandry?

Leemar Starphire 290

gimmito said:
You can never have too much (front to back) depth. :)

I've always wanted that tank from the EU that is a ravine... 6' from to back, with a blue plastic rear and a disco ball for sparkling effect.

tuberider said:
gimmito said:
You can never have too much back. :)

Fixed, and approved!

mix.jpg
Ok, this is HILARIOUS!! LOL!

gimmito said:
Nope...by having very slow build thread. ;)

Well, let's hope it's not too slow.............Talked to Robert today. We are a go, and Leemar is giving me an extra inch. Tank is approved for 84" x 31" x 26" (approx 290 gallons). Stand will be 38" tall.......Sump is looking fantastic, but still changing it up a bit before the final go ahead.

Crisis OVER! Back on track. :bigsmile:

Thanks Arnold,

You are NOT wrong. I have a 29 tall now and it is a pain in the butt to clean at the bottom. However, I have freakishly long arms. LOL! Which helps, but with the Euro-bracing, I will have to use a stool anyway. :(

I am super excited again for this tank. ;)

who needs long arms with this!
http://www.easyblade.de/
Must have a glass tank though.
I glued mine to a Hammerhead float cleaner
http://www.algaefree.com/products.html
You may need the Tiger Shark Float .

It works like a dream.

John, that is crazy. I thought it was a joke at first.

I dont want to automate my tank too much or I will forget to look at it! LOL!

Actually not a bad idea to keep from getting any build up, prolly not cheap though. Thanks. Does anyone actually have one?

I am GEEKING out to the MAX right now!

Robert just sent me the updated design on the sump / fuge and it is AWESOME! I have asked him if its ok to post on hear for suggestions.....waiting to hear back.

I'm also stoned out of my mind on Percocet today as I had my surg this morning (went very smooth). So I told him I will have to wait on approval untill I can see it with a clear head.

First impressions............the colors are really pretty! :bigsmile:

ok, permission granted!

I have already found a few questions / suggestions, however I think Robert came up with a very cool design. Did you know he was an engineer?

first thought is placement of the skimmer return..........seems it doesnt allow for much of a bubble trap, or to run through the baffles to give time to dissipate.

second thought is really a suggestion........lower the last / third baffle maybe just an inch as a safety in case of my dumb a$$ clogging the egg crate media shelf.

third is that the pass through on the first baffle could / would allow fish / shrimp / snails, etc into the first chamber. this could be cool, as it gives more swimming room and i have no plans for any pumps in this chamber.........just might want to egg crate that as well.

I would also lean some egg crate on the first of the three baffles to keep themacro algea and fish from going through the baffles.
Kris_Moore_Refugium_Front.jpg

Kris_Moore_Refugium_Back.jpg

Kris_Moore_Refugium_1st_Baffle.jpg

K_Moore_Refugium_MediaChamber.jpg

so cool, and so HUGE! LOVE IT!
Christopher_Moore_4.jpg

Oh, and very pretty colors right? lol! Just me?

Thx Dave, will do.

If anyone has any suggestions on this design, or you see any concerns..............I would love to hear them.

Kmooresf said:
Thx Dave, will do.

If anyone has any suggestions on this design, or you see any concerns..............I would love to hear them.

It looks alot like my modified Eco-systems sump...so you can guess what my response is. ;)

Back