Kessil

Let's see your dog picture thread!!!

Going through Jeremy's tank thread I saw that many people posted their pup pics in his thread and thought, why not start up a thread dedicated to our dogs.

I'll start, here's Scout, a 40+ lbs. Cocker Spaniel. Rescued from Abandonedangels.com rescue group on the Upper West Side. Below are some of his antics, believe me there are much more. Like the time I came home to find he opened my closet door, took out my hiking backpack, ate an emergency 1 pound ration, granola bars (with raisins), chocolate bars and more trail mix goodness (PS, the tail end of induced vomiting, $1300 vet bill, and charcoal shits was enough to make me throw up twice.) Or the time I came home to find he ate about 300 cornstarch packing peanuts. Or just the other night, how he opened my suitcase from my recent trip to Boston, and ate a couple 1 pound packages of Gnocchi.

oh the joys of owning a dog.

This first pic I left a FULL GLASS of Chimay blue on the table, when I got home the glass was knocked over and the table was dry.
DSC02808.jpg

Here's Scout one day when I got home from the GF's house, there was some gum in her Coach purse, Scout managed to wrap the purse over his shoulder and under his arm somehow.
IMG_4970.jpg

This is around the time I got him, came home from work to find him sitting in the kitchen like this. Cabinet locks were installed the next day.
DSC01101.JPG

DSC01103.JPG

Come home from work and find this. This was probably the 5th or so time he got the trash, I no longer have a trash barrel in the kitchen.
DSC02168.JPG

Left a dingo treat in my pants pocket in the dirty laundry pile. Instead of going into the pocket, he made a hole from the inside of the pants.
DSC01455.JPG

IMG_5745.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

Watch out for gum and dogs. Suger free gum can kill even a large dog!!!

I'll find some good ones of Brandi, I do have a video of her in Jeremy's dog thread :)

'Here Kitty', actually she responds best to the full Miss Kitty. One of her favorite activities, sitting watch as I do anything outside.

Eileen is that an American Eskimo? I too love weimerauners. I grew up with them. My dad always had 2-3 of them around..

Beagles are definitely the ultimate chow hound!! that Cocker Spaniel looks like he would give a beagle a run for their money though hahahah..

3156016748_2275e1bc44_b.jpg

My Dirty Dog at Work...
2360606590_3842ca7f57_o.jpg

A clean shot of her...
miscfishingpicsanddogandguns027.jpg

Very Nice.. One of my good friends in highschool had one forever and she always looked funny and kinda skinny. Then all of a sudden when she turned 3 her double coat came in and she looked like a powder puff ball hahahha.. We all teased him about the dog originally.. Saying he got ripped off for $1200 for some mutt dog hahaha.. Then all of a sudden this dog just popped out hahahha...

Coco%20Couch.jpg

This was my dog Coco (collie-something mix), we had to put her down last fall :'( due to the infirmaties of old age.

Previous to her, here is Korky from 15 years ago (along with Me, my two sisters and my brother circa 15 years ago!)

Korky%20and%20Gang.jpg

Coco was soooo smart! I had her trained to ring a bell if she wanted to go out, and if I said "You wanna go out?" she'd run over to her room (well, laundry room) and grab her leash, then rush back and shove it in my hand. Collies are amazing, if I ever have another dog, it will be a Collie for sure! When we went for walks, when I got to the curb, she'd sit down and wait for my command to cross the street. We went to puppy kindergarten and training classes.
She was so sweet, I miss her!

Korky, on the other hand, was a rebel without a cause! But we were much younger and undisicplined. We'd just open the door and let her run away when she had to go to the bathroom. But since she was the dog of my teen years, she got to go to the cottage and swim a lot, and we'd play in the river and eventually she'd take off and when I got home, she'd be sitting on the porch waiting for me! Half lab/half german shepard.

Both were cursed with bad hips, like most big dogs.

I miss the heck out of both of them :'( but they brought me so much joy! They both lived to about 14 years. I feel guilty that when I came to the US, I left Coco with my folks (best for them both) but my parents loved her and they kept each other company. My Mom has sworn never to have another dog because the decision to "do what's best for them" is REALLY HARD.

V

PS. No, there's just something in my eye, it's nothing really...

You're amongst good company here, we don't judge on feelings about pets that have moved on :)

Back