Our mission

Marine Betta

Anyone keep one of these in their reef? I had one before but it was in a non reef tank. Says reef safe but just wanted to see if anyone has another opinion

I have two at home and one at work. If you can get the Captive bred ones. They do have a big mouth, so expect them to eat small fish/shrimp. I have found that you can get them to eat frozen mysis pretty quickly, but offered them their fill of FW ghost shrimp the frist few weeks. Totally fine with corals. Like to have some caves and stuff to hide in and be comfortable - interestingly, it seems the more places they have to hide the more they feel comfortable not hiding.

Are you looking at the one on LiveAquaria right now? Tank bred / raised and BEAUTIFUL! It's in the Divers den section.

I know PatrickB has had one for years, but he nevers sees him eat. Its pretty big too and he hides most of the time.

I have one for about 4 years now. He was about 3 inches when I got him and now he is around 5 or more. He is one of my favorite fish, when he comes out that is. He does hide most of the day but he does come out once in a while for a stroll. He is a predator fish so if you have something small in the tank he may go for it but otherwise very good and peaceful fish. Mine got used of eating anything I throw in the tank from frozen to flakes to pellets ....
a great fish

enjoy it

my manderan (sp) and small clowns would be a concern. May pass until a later time. I did see it at Divers Den too Kris. Thats what got me thinking

Back