Kessil

Moving a tank tips

So either Sunday or Monday is tank moving day. Care to share some advice, experiences, tips on how to move my tank from SF to Union City?

There was a pretty good thread not too long ago on this topic that may be worth digging up. It covered most everyting you'd want to know. Anyone recall it?

Have some salt water, at temp, waiting on you at set up, maybe even enough to nearly fill the tank. I have three five gallon buckets of fresh water from Neptune you could use. LMK I am off work Monday and could meet you somewhere. Could even help lift or tote some that day.

I was very lucky all the hoses reached for my one and only move. I changed tanks and did not even think ahead that the sump arrangement would work in the new stand. It did. I also moved so that set up was after most places had closed so there was no way to get supplies on the fly. Would start much earlier next time.

I bought the system from someone and knew I wanted to work on the tank so the fish and rock went in a much smaller tank here to allow me to drill the tank and remove some scratches. No corals to deal with. Moving to the main tank later was much easier. This allowed me to have the empty tank in the space a while before I had to fill it. You have been working on your space so much this may not be needed for you.

I just moved 300 miles away and everything of mine was fine...

Extra water was the biggest key to have on hand and then take your time..... You will be fine....

We tend to forget that these animals are pretty resilient!!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Back