Cali Kid Corals

Mr. Mantis and his pimp shrimp pad

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
So here is mr. Mantis. He sides in Oakland, ca in a Sunny 20gl condo equipped with underground tunnels with 3 entrance and exit ports. I’ll post some current pics tomorrow these are a couple months old.

Attachments

• 9DBE5F1D-14D1-4A10-B224-48DE1973DCC6.png
    9DBE5F1D-14D1-4A10-B224-48DE1973DCC6.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 743EF6B5-3B92-4EBB-86C3-95794D183AC2.png
    743EF6B5-3B92-4EBB-86C3-95794D183AC2.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 4EDE0909-2AFC-470E-BC9F-45A8ECDEA484.png
    4EDE0909-2AFC-470E-BC9F-45A8ECDEA484.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 162
  • AE1473F0-8B48-4B22-B6A4-82E99A2350BF.png
    AE1473F0-8B48-4B22-B6A4-82E99A2350BF.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 155
Yeeeeeeeeesssssss! I would love to have a mantis shrimp setup like yours. We had a small hitchhiker (not a peacock) in our LR when the tank was set up and he lived a few months - entertaining behaviors. How much and what do you feed him daily? (I can just wait until you post a video.)

Yeeeeeeeeesssssss! I would love to have a mantis shrimp setup like yours. We had a small hitchhiker (not a peacock) in our LR when the tank was set up and he lived a few months - entertaining behaviors. How much and what do you feed him daily? (I can just wait until you post a video.)
Honestly I just give him large fish pellet food, I feed him with a pair of tongs everyday about 10 pellets or so. He gets some meaty things about once a week or so

Fun! I bet he appreciates the tunnels you made for him. If it were me I wouldn’t be able to resist and I’d probably feed some live food despite the risk. With an extra tank available nearby in case it’s needed in a hurry :). Not recommending it, just saying I personally would probably give in eventually to the temptation.

I think our site doesn’t host videos, but people sometimes post to YouTube and link here.

I don't think it can break a glass tank. I've seen people keep them in glass and feed live food. I think that mantis shrimp breaking a glass tank is a big myth.
I haven't seen a mantis break a glass tank and done a search on it.
But I understand your hesitation.

I don't think it can break a glass tank. I've seen people keep them in glass and feed live food. I think that mantis shrimp breaking a glass tank is a big myth.
I haven't seen a mantis break a glass tank and done a search on it.
But I understand your hesitation.
No your probably right. I remember seeing a sign at a pet store that had them when I was a teenager “acrylic tank only, will break glass” haha! Ya probably a myth depending maybe how thick that glass is!

Fun! I bet he appreciates the tunnels you made for him. If it were me I wouldn’t be able to resist and I’d probably feed some live food despite the risk. With an extra tank available nearby in case it’s needed in a hurry :). Not recommending it, just saying I personally would probably give in eventually to the temptation.

I think our site doesn’t host videos, but people sometimes post to YouTube and link here.
Well I might just throw some in there for him, at least get a cool video out of it as well! I’ll try the you tube link way

Reactions: JVU
Back