Kessil

My behemoth of a tank

Ibn

Got the tank yesterday evening and spent today transferring stuff over. Plumbing isn't all connected yet; waiting for it to cure over night.

tank_040608.jpg

It's just an oversize vortec. :p

Yup, it's a custom acrylic tank built by Advance Acrylic in SoCal.

Dimensions of the tank is 24x10x10 with an external overflow. It's plumbed back to the same sump as I had before; I just moved some stuff around. The mag rack and the sump frags are in the main tank for now until I get water running through the sump. Bottom is just a white piece of sterlite (sp?) with some silicone playsand that I had around. The two suction cup containers on the upper left is housing maxi mini 'nems.

Rest of the equipment just came from the other tank:
pci 1/10 chiller powered by eheim 1060
vortec
2x150W Ocean light running 12k reeflux
tunze 9002 skimmer power by eheim 1250

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3502.msg39937#msg39937 date=1207586532]
Nice setup Eric. By the way, IC just came out with a vortec nano.
[/quote]

same size just produces lower GPH. 500-2000GPH... Doesn't help Eric in this case .. :)

Hmm, it says that it can't be synced w/other wireless pumps. I'm bummed that they didn't make them smaller. I would totally nab a couple if it was like 1/2 the size and create some littles waves. :( I turned the vortec up, but the frags wouldn't stay down. I'm still running the vortec on reef crest mode at about 40%. Any more than that and the frags get thrown around.

I'll post it on the other forum soon, Sam. ;)

10G w/the 2x150W looks good. I've only been running one of them at a time so far since my plumbing is still waiting for a leak test (later today).

Started playing around with pulse mode after seeing the waves in Art's tank. It's kind of interesting, but I've got a tiny 1" wave going in the tank at the moment. ;D

The mag rack works well. Three magnets hold onto the sucker and there's a couple of extra pieces that you glue in for additional support. It's strong as heck and you can probably stack live rock on it if you want. :D

It's usually in the sump, but I had to move it up just for the day.

i dont even know what to say :'( if i can help let me know . I dont have much in the way of LE or anything but i am willing to throw you any thing i have (that I can frag ) .

Back