Cali Kid Corals

My Clown is trying to kill my torches

if I could punch this clown in the face I would, she had 2 anemones at one point and never not even once came near them, now after 2 years of being in 2 of my tanks she finally decides to follow her instincts & go rub on squishy things, unfortunately my torches can't handle the beating and are slowly being irritated by it. According to what I read online they shouldn't be able to survive this forever.

So do I need an anemone now? I don't care for most nems but I don't want to lose my torches so I'll put up with an anemone for their sake. :p

caught red handed;

ClownTorch.jpg

I'm thinking maybe I should let this go on maybe the torches will get used to it! I have never observed this before so maybe someone can shed some light? if the torches have a chance of this I may just let her have her way? should I? lol

Earlier she was even frolicking in that hammer coral as well :confused:

whew, thanks for the input guys I feel better now. I guess I read too many other forums and got worried, they shrink a little when she gets aggressive (bites them & stuff) and that's what was alarming me but after further observation they seem to extend & open up just fine shortly after.

Yeah, she probably wants them to open up more by biting them, haha. She'll probably figure it out that doing that won't get the desired results. :)

My clowns in the 150 gal tank go in and out of my torches and frogspawn all the time and everything is still doing well. Would also help to have multiple corals for them to host. The pair in my 65 gal tank only have my Duncan and it tolerates them. You should be fine.

Back