Jestersix

My new tank just broke

You might wanna ask an lfs if they know someone who can fixed your tank. Or give Ed a call he might be able to help you. You can reach him here http://home.wwdb.org/kmaintl/

It should be. It's just that most of the repair work I seen were done from the inside of the tank. Are you planning on replacing the bottom or cover the bottom with another piece?

As shitty as this is (and luckily, I think repairable), it would have been far worse if somehow it was and inevitable crack that could have shattered while full of water in your house.

Well take your time finding out what you should do, there's no rush to get this done quickly (even if you want it done quickly), you don't want to do a half-assed job and then have that come bite you in the butt later when the tank is full of water & rocks.

Here's the problem with simply putting a piece of glass on it with silicone, while that would easily work for an acrylic tank, usually the bottoms of glass tanks don't sit flush with the stand, as a result that would probably introduce a flexing point which I would not trust 200+ gallons water + rock, etc. Now if the bottom did sit flush (rimless tank?) then you probably could get away with simply "patching" the hole (at least as a cheap alternative) but I don't know how that would work over time.

My advice, give the Leemar guys a call (it's their type of tank right?) they might have a patch job type solution that doesn't involve a complete replacement of the bottom pane, but if that is the case, I'd replace the pane.

Back