Reef nutrition

Need some IC gel on tomorrows LFS tour PLEASE

Anyone going on the LFS tour tomorrow that has some IC gel I could buy?

Oh and Gomer, please bring the frag plugs if you have them and remind me what I owe.

Thanks!

I'm not going to the LFS tour, but related to IC gel...

How do you guys keep your IC gel from glueing itself shut? I invariably can't get the top back off and have to throw it away.

I think pixel is having a hard time getting the lid off, so I'm not sure how far a pin might go. I normally just to be sure I clean the tip, where the gel is dispensed from, of any residual gel after every use with a paper towel.
Maybe you can even soak the top portion of the tube (or just the lid area) in very warm water to try and soften the gel that is keeping the cap from coming off, and then try taking it off.

i always have this problem with glue gel, that's why i use the tiny 1-2 use dispensable ones.

the pin trick does work but you still gotta keep it somewhat clean. otherwise, it'll clog

I was referring to the long sewing pins with a ball on the end. You could easily use that to keep store it and /or clean it out before storing.

I used the pin the last time I bought the big tube it worked for awhile, then I had to start cutting the tip down.

pixelpixi said:
I'm not going to the LFS tour, but related to IC gel...

How do you guys keep your IC gel from glueing itself shut? I invariably can't get the top back off and have to throw it away.

Keeping the tip clean helps. Try not to get it wet. Moisture makes the glue cure. So drip your glue onto your plugs/frags, but don't touch the tip to anything wet.

If you need to clean up excess glue from the dispenser tip, you can use acetone or nail polish remover. Works for removing cured glue too. I just wipe the tip with a plain dry towel before putting the cap back on though.

You can try soaking nozzles in acetone to clean them out if necessary.

Back