High Tide Aquatics

Need temporary home for coral

EBJ

Supporting Member
Does anyone have room to temporarily hold some large coral colonies for me? My tank needs to be drained and replaced.

Thanks
20240131_120156.jpg

imo you should try and pick up or borrow one of those rubber made stock bins. It will make the whole tank transfer easier. Just drain the tank right into the stock bin, move over all your livestock, temporarily “rig” up some light and flow on the bin. That should buy you enough time to switch tanks.

Hey Eric, I have a 150g Rubbermaid stock tank I keep for just such uses, if you want to borrow it. Since it’s my “oh shit” backup tank option I don’t want to be without for an extended period though.
Thanks for the offer! I actually bought one a few days ago. Mainly just worried about everything dying if I move it to the tub.

I ran this system for 5 months...OUTSIDE from September through December of 2022
Every night I put a tarp over the whole system
Throw the livestock into the bin with all the water
I ran a 40 gallon tank with the skimmer for the system
Everything lives

Attachments

• BF325B95-A765-4ED6-8AC7-5B24EF27A870.jpeg
    BF325B95-A765-4ED6-8AC7-5B24EF27A870.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I ran this system for 5 months...OUTSIDE from September through December of 2022
Every night I put a tarp over the whole system
Throw the livestock into the bin with all the water
I ran a 40 gallon tank with the skimmer for the system
Everything lives
how much was the heating bill at the end ? :p

I have a spare old tank in the garage you're welcome to have. I got it from Kenny when I did my tank transfer.

I'm in the camp that a big rubbermaid stock tank is probably just fine, but I'd love to be rid of this spare tank if you want it! I'm up in San Rafael. I think it's about 90gal? 4ft or so.

I decided to get the Reefer-S 850 G2+. Not taking another chance on a rimless tank.
All the red sea tanks in Japan have euro bracing, so not surprised they changed the design. Makes sense given they're in a seismic zone like us.

Reactions: EBJ
Back