Reef nutrition

New store??

Saw a "new" store in Mountain View. It's on Castro St. Has anyone been there?? I think it's called Seascape or something like that.

Yeah I saw it there once I movd here. it has a small salt section and is priced up there. Dont try and get any tanks there there way over priced.

Elite said:
It wasn't there when I lived in Mountain View 15 years ago LOL .. I just saw it couple days ago :p ..

Maybe not in that location (only reason I say that is I thought they wanted to move a few years ago, if not, they've been there longer the 15 years) but they have been in business longer then 15 years and in Mountain View :p

They (Cloy(sp?) and Patrick) wanted to buy Cortez Marine when I worked there. IIRC she worked at Petco prior to buying Seascape.

I'm sure there are places we just don't know of their existence; for instance HM Aquarium in San Francisco
If you ask on RC about aquariums in San Francisco, AC, LO, TR, even 6th Ave pops in

Ha speak for yourself :) There are very few I don't know about, but, it's my job to know or find LFS's :)

xcaret said:
I'm sure there are places we just don't know of their existence; for instance HM Aquarium in Daly City
If you ask on RC about aquariums in San Francisco, AC, LO, TR, even 6th Ave pops in

Fixed, that's probably why people don't answer HM when people ask about stores in SF, that and I get a real bad vibe when I'm in there, for some reason it seems they don't like me... I wonder why....

I got/get the same vibe.... but I got the same vibe at ATraders as well.

tuberider said:
xcaret said:
I'm sure there are places we just don't know of their existence; for instance HM Aquarium in Daly City

Fixed, that's probably why people don't answer HM when people ask about stores in SF, that and I get a real bad vibe when I'm in there, for some reason it seems they don't like me... I wonder why....

Is HM worth going to?

There's also that one on Broadway street (I think) Except they're never open during the times I'm in the area :D

iCon said:
tuberider said:
xcaret said:

Is HM worth going to?

There's also that one on Broadway street (I think) Except they're never open during the times I'm in the area :D

I won't go into HM anymore based on the way I've been treated (or ignored and stared at as the case may be) in the past.

Now is more of a combined aquarium-pet store from the looks outside; they had mainly freshwater, some saltwater but can't recall seeing coral.

The coral is the barebones basic softies like Kenya, mushrooms, GSP, maybe xenia. Maybe SPS but if so they're brown- they don't have a tank nor lighting setup for corals.

Back